• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Just so we all understand our Home State better, here are the results of Tuesdays Election...

Here are the list of Democratic Winners:
    Cardin 64.2%
    Ruppersberger 66%
    Sarbanes 69%
    Brown 78%
    Hoyer 70%
    Trone 58%
    Cummings 76%
    Raskin 67%
    Frosh 64.1%
    Franchot 71.7

Here are the Republican Winners:
    Hogan 56%
    Harris 61% (Merry-Lands Only Republican in Washington DC)

Losers: Jealous 42.8% ( are you kidding me? )

We are simply OUT NUMBERED...

I wouldn't look for any positive 2A changes any time soon...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The silver lining for the Hogan haters, Hogan's inability to deliver down-ticket victories will probably keep him from higher office.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Which is why theoretically conservative never-Trumpers need to get with the program and do everything possible to be sure that Trump’s court nominees get their seats. Because that’s the check on counter-constitutional lefty state legislatures and governors. Federal courts are our only hope in MD.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Ugh. Parents have already settled on a house in WVA. Brother and his family just put their house on the market to escape. My lease is up next July and I can commute from PA, VA, or WVA. It’s like we are all rats on a sinking ship.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Which is why theoretically conservative never-Trumpers need to get with the program and do everything possible to be sure that Trump’s court nominees get their seats. Because that’s the check on counter-constitutional lefty state legislatures and governors. Federal courts are our only hope in MD.

The only downside I see to that is the pain we must bear until the task is complete, and while the injustices are winding their way from our backs at enactment to dismissal (initially and on appeal).

The beatings will continue until morale improves...

We HAVE to begin building the voter base on our side NOW for 2020, or we will just fail again.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Well, looking on the bright side, Hogan doesn't have his potential re-election woes to worry about now so he can instruct the MSP to allow self defense as G&S for a wear and carry permit.

I mean.... that was the only reason he hasn't acted on it yet........ right?:sad20:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We HAVE to begin building the voter base on our side NOW for 2020, or we will just fail again.

I think we (us types, in MD) have to soberly face the fact that by 2020, there will be absolutely zero chance of any movement towards a tangibly redder state. This last round shows that the demographics are going exactly the opposite direction. MAYBE the new court-required de-gerrymandering will twitch things just a bit, but certainly not in any way that will send R's to congress for us, or tilt the state's general assembly away from its one-party rule.

This isn't me being a pessimist, just being realistic. We just put a not insignificant pile of money and effort into trying to unseat Frosh, who none the less won by huge margins. There's no way MoCo, HoCo or Baltimorgue is somehow going to be even less friendly to his sensibilities next time around. Even some of our more reliably red/purple counties just slipped over the cliff. We can't stop pushing back, but the only hope for real change - especially on fronts like 2A in this state - will be through federal/national efforts. That's hopeless for the next two years in congress, so it's all about the courts.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I think we (us types, in MD) have to soberly face the fact that by 2020, there will be absolutely zero chance of any movement towards a tangibly redder state. This last round shows that the demographics are going exactly the opposite direction. MAYBE the new court-required de-gerrymandering will twitch things just a bit, but certainly not in any way that will send R's to congress for us, or tilt the state's general assembly away from its one-party rule.

This isn't me being a pessimist, just being realistic. We just put a not insignificant pile of money and effort into trying to unseat Frosh, who none the less won by huge margins. There's no way MoCo, HoCo or Baltimorgue is somehow going to be even less friendly to his sensibilities next time around. Even some of our more reliably red/purple counties just slipped over the cliff. We can't stop pushing back, but the only hope for real change - especially on fronts like 2A in this state - will be through federal/national efforts. That's hopeless for the next two years in congress, so it's all about the courts.

Absolutely true. Trone was beatable, now he's in the catbirds seat. He might lose that with a new map. All the libs have moved out of over populated shitholes they created. Out to the formally rural areas. That are all now full of more copycat communities.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    The only downside I see to that is the pain we must bear until the task is complete, and while the injustices are winding their way from our backs at enactment to dismissal (initially and on appeal).

The beatings will continue until morale improves...

As long as there are consertives in this state who are willing to waste their vote for write in candidates or Quinn consertives will never build their base here in MD.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    The silver lining for the Hogan haters, Hogan's inability to deliver down-ticket victories will probably keep him from higher office.

How does this comment relate to Hogan supporting Bailey over Steve Waugh in the primary in southern Maryland who was one of the best 2A supporters? Just asking ....for a friend.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Federal courts are our only short- and medium-term hope for 2A rights in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom