• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    These wars aren't designed to be won. It doesn't matter what your side is. Right, Left, forward, back. These aren't wars that we are trying to "win." Every metric they've given for victory, we've accomplished, and still we are there. These wars serve the military industrial complex and their contractors who build all these war machines. Feeding young American lives (and slaughtering middle eastern civilians) are just side effects, ones that don't matter so long as money is being made. No lives matter to them. Not even the blue.

But yeah, I'm in over my head here, I admit. I hold no ill will to you guys. I just wanted to comment on the recent wars before I bow out.

Oh dear lord! You sound like my liberal brother:rolleyes:. Who do you think owns and runs the MIC? THE LEFT!!!

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    This is a very good answer to your question slender one^^^
    Sorry for the little joke at the end. I couldn't help myself.

Lol I hate how people don't think the founding fathers assumed the 2A to be progressive.:banghead: Like they couldn't assume weapon technology would advance during the times. The 2A is about arming the general population with the small arms to defend themselves.

In 2300 when they have star trek phasers and star wars lasers I want my descendants to have access to those too.

One of the largest tragedies of the human race in the 20th century was the prevalence of genocide and the common denominator was de-arming the general populace. China, cambodia, russia, etc.

Give yourself a chance arm yourself. Humans should have an innate sense of self preservation.

The firearm is the epitome of self preservation.
    -Self defense from assault and theft
    -Protection and threat to and for government/rouge males(ISIS/Boko haram)
    -Hunting meat for your family and community
    -Passing on a tangible skill/tool that is invaluable
    -Giving yourself a fighting chance during SHTF, Civil War, Invasion by a Foreign Power, Natural Disasters, Super Virus, Zombies, Aliens, etc

It really pisses me off that being black I'm always getting in arguments with liberal family, girls, college and high school friends, coworkers, etc about this. I am never voting democrat again because of the gun issue it's made me a one issue voter. When I bring up these hard facts often times they crack and say they say they hope the government takes care of them, it could never happen, or they'd just accept perishing.

I never understand how other African Americans are so anti-gun living as a minority population in a country where we used to be slaves and history of gun control laws rooted in democratic cities/jim crow background/civil rights era.

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    Sounds to me like slenderdud need to head back to the basement to the video game console to look for his next air soft mod.:rolleyes:

Excuse me? I'm a grown man with well over a dozen firearms. I'm sure plenty of you guys have way more than I have, but I have my arsenal, and I keep my arsenal clean, ready, and safely stored. I always keep a surplus of ammunition as well. I haven't attacked any of you personally like this. I'd appreciate it if I could have that same level of respect.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Excuse me? I'm a grown man with well over a dozen firearms. I'm sure plenty of you guys have way more than I have, but I have my arsenal, and I keep my arsenal clean, ready, and safely stored. I always keep a surplus of ammunition as well. I haven't attacked any of you personally like this. I'd appreciate it if I could have that same level of respect.

Prove it

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Your the one who said you make your guns like video game stuff, I personally don’t see any personal attack, I’m just following your lead with this thread.:innocent0

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=213254

I’m done.:cool:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Already here in Maryland, I live 5 miles from a convience store, with no ground based internet , because I like to be surrounded by farms and trees, and go hunting on my own property . To relocate to the area where I own property in WV , and add fredom and lower taxes would definitely be a step farther up .

My usual counter to critics of "Single Issue " voting , is that attitudes on 2A is a good litmus test on how their views will align with mine on most other issues . Better than anything else I've run accross or conceptualized so far anyway .

( Yeah , a few years ago in a Virginia Gov race they had a capital L Libertarian running against the Constitution Party candidate . They were in total agreement over 2A , and 180 degree opposed on virtually everything else . But that's the exception that proves the rule .)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I never understand how other African Americans are so anti-gun living as a minority population in a country where we used to be slaves and history of gun control laws rooted in democratic cities/jim crow background/civil rights era.

Amen. It's reason #1 why all good people need to armed. We must never regress back to slavery and indentured servantry. Last time it was black people enslaved and poor whites indentured. Next time it will be everyone except for a small number of elite, harking back to medieval days. Too many people today are way too comfortable and assume it will always be that way. They are badly mistaken and positioning themselves on the slipperiest of slopes.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    Amen. It's reason #1 why all good people need to armed. We must never regress back to slavery and indentured servantry. Last time it was black people enslaved and poor whites indentured. Next time it will be everyone except for a small number of elite, harking back to medieval days. Too many people today are way too comfortable and assume it will always be that way. They are badly mistaken and positioning themselves on the slipperiest of slopes.

I agree. With automation, technology, globalization of the job market, the decline in the demand of the middle class hardworking labor force (which is the backbone in any civilization), collapse of standards of living in 1st world countries, high costs of living, long stints depressions and inflations in markets, and unemployment and underemployment, people are setting themselves up to be expendable.

I really fear for the average joe in 100 or 200 years when all these self driving cars, automated kiosks, automated factories, and robotics taking prominence for things that used to be jobs. There can only be but so many technicians, monitors, and mechanics keeping those infrastructures in the near future going. Professionals such as doctors and lawyers could even lose jobs.

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD

Sure.

From the top down, that's:

Marlin x7 in .223
    Maverick 88 12ga
    Mossberg 500 20ga
    Not sure the brand on the sawn off 20ga but I inherited it, so yeah.
    Beretta M9
    Glock 22C
    Mossberg Predator .308
    Kel-tec KSG 12ga.

These are the ones I've got in my upstairs safe, if you need I can go downstairs and show you its contents too, or I can just tell you here:

GSG 1911 .22lr
    S&W 686 38/357
    Stoeger Coach Gun 12ga
    1887 Chiappa 12ga
    Delton AR-15 5.56
    IWI Tavor .223/5.56
    Ruger 10/22
    Walther 22
    Mosin Nagant
    Custom build AR-15 from a FMK lower.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Professionals such as doctors and lawyers could even lose jobs.

There's already a move afoot to replace doctors with diagnostic kiosks. Lawyers and judges are easily replaced with computers. Low-skill jobs are on the way out, being replaced with robots. It's a trickle right now but it will be an unstoppable flood within 10 years. I know. I'm designing and selling the underlying technology for it. The vast majority of people do not comprehend what's coming. From the perspective of today, this country will be unrecognizable in 50 years. Akin to someone in the 1930's trying to envision what computerization would lead to by the 1990's.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Wow. Well congrats on getting out of MD.

The attitude towards WV, yeesh. Remind me to campaign to build a wall on the other side of the Potomac once I retreat back south.

Lastly, “we can’t beat big gov” is crazy talk. Guerilla wars aren’t about sinking aircraft carriers, the Vietcong did fine. In the event of anything in the US it’s not like the Gov would authorize (or military would carry out) carpet bombing of rural areas. Plus it’s not like we have a porous southern border through which countries who would enjoy screwing with the US could smuggle equipment easily to partisan forces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I agree. With automation, technology, globalization of the job market, the decline in the demand of the middle class hardworking labor force (which is the backbone in any civilization), collapse of standards of living in 1st world countries, high costs of living, long stints depressions and inflations in markets, and unemployment and underemployment, people are setting themselves up to be expendable.

I really fear for the average joe in 100 or 200 years when all these self driving cars, automated kiosks, automated factories, and robotics taking prominence for things that used to be jobs. There can only be but so many technicians, monitors, and mechanics keeping those infrastructures in the near future going. Professionals such as doctors and lawyers could even lose jobs.

Went into a McDonald's the other day and walked up to the counter to place my order. The lady told me to enter my order into their brand new shiny kiosk.

I told her no and I told her why. Told her those machines take jobs. Told her next would be a burger flipping machine. And after that a French fry salting machine. Told the employees to rip the kiosk out by its roots and throw it in the parking lot.

After all that, she said the kiosk was tied into the cash register and that she couldn't place an order at the counter. Again I told her I refused to use the kiosk and if the store wanted my money then a human would have to take my order.

Wouldn't you know it. Another lady came up, pushed some buttons on the register, overrode the kiosk, and took my order.

All that work for two fillet-o-fish meals. Well worth it though.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Automation is very worrying. I have a hard left friend who is all about automating all jobs/cars/etc bc he truly believes they’ll abolish work and install Universal Basic Income. Not to get to tin foil hatty but once the lower classes aren’t needed for labor and become superfluous outside of common human decency, why would those with means pay UBI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom