• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Home defense carbine explained

I have a liberal neighbor that claims that he supports 2a but thinks no one needs an assault weapon such as an AR15 for home defense. I asked him if his basis for this thinking. Does he have any kind of knowledge on the subject aside from what is being forced fed into him by the biased and mis informed media and he could not really give me an answer.
    I Did tell him that I use an AR rifle for home protection out of consideration for his safety. My rifle fires a small caliber high velocity hollow point round that is designed to penetrate less and stop threats with the minimal am out of shots fired. It is also more accurate than my pistol or shotgun. I can deliver surgical shot placements with it and limit the amount of over penetration and additional shots required to stop a fight.

I also told him that for home defense, I did not spare any expense but use only the most effective hollow points money can buy. These are not cop killer bullets and are designed for effectiveness as to transfer more energy onto the intended target .I do this because I do care about the safety of other people. I have put a lot a thought into what works best for my situation. A short compact rifle that delivers superior ballistics, limits penetration and delivers accuracy is the safest choice. An AR rifle fits that requirement. Using a pistol such as a 45 or 357 magnum will result in over penetration and more shots fired to stop fights. A shotgun with buckshots will also fare the same. Rifles are almost impossible to conceal and is not the favored weapon of criminals. This is why the last AWB did not have measurable effects in the 10 years it was in place. I think I got him thinking. He googles everything anyways. Today. I saw him again and wants to know how to go about buying an AR15. Glad to see that he now sees the light and hopefully supports us in our struggle to protect our 2A rights.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Don't you love it? Once people actually know about them, they want one. Tell him you'll help him find one AFTER he writes to all is representatives.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    We also had a conversation about the so called Bushmaster. I told him. The military version of the bushmaster is actually a 25 mm auto cannon used in armored or fighting vehicles such as the Bradley
    The true assault rifle version of that falls into the m16 family of weapons. They are in fact machine-guns. No self respecting military in the world issues semi automatic rifles to it's troops nowadays. I also explained the NFA process and terminologies. It was an eye opener for him to realize how misinformed he was. I did remind him that in the age of instantaneous access to information. Ignorance is a choice.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Don't you love it? Once people actually know about them, they want one. Tell him you'll help him find one AFTER he writes to all is representatives.

I think he's a bit piqued after seeing all my law enforcement neighbors hang out at my garage two weeks ago when I built several AR rifles for them. Which btw are all pro 2A. In fact, I use them as reference for my ccw apps. He did admit that he sleeps a lot better knowing that his neighbors are armed and have everyones number on speed dial. If 911 fails. He can rely on us. I said. That's okay as long as you take that obummer sticker off your car. I fought against the communist and jihadist. I'm not risking anything to save one.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Velocity equates to fragmentation. That limits over penetration. I used as an example a snowball. I can hit my dumb ass neighbor with it and have laughs about it later on. If I used the same weight in ice instead of snow. He would end up in the hospital and me in jail. Bullets are similar. High velocities will cause them to fragment much like a snowball. If projectiles retain it's mass. It will penetrate more. This Is why I like a 223 cal carbine for HD.

hitman1415

Nov 26, 2012
    Can you explain this same thing to Joe Biden after the comments he made in that "fireside chat" yesterday?

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I was correcting some information on a friend's facebook page the other night. Didn't try to change an opinion or comment on pending laws. Just pointing out the difference between single shot, semi-auto, and full auto. Then I pointed out that the AK47 and AR15 pattern rifles are semi-auto. At some point, another friend of hers asked "so, wait, an AK47 or AR15 is really just a weaker version of most hunting rifles, but easier to hold? I didn't know that. Why are people acting like they're a big deal?"

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I was correcting some information on a friend's facebook page the other night. Didn't try to change an opinion or comment on pending laws. Just pointing out the difference between single shot, semi-auto, and full auto. Then I pointed out that the AK47 and AR15 pattern rifles are semi-auto. At some point, another friend of hers asked "so, wait, an AK47 or AR15 is really just a weaker version of most hunting rifles, but easier to hold? I didn't know that. Why are people acting like they're a big deal?"

Cosmetic Features Ban, not AWB ... hopefully even more people will come to recognize the truth

Scooterboy333

Mar 1, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    I have a liberal neighbor that claims that he supports 2a but thinks no one needs an assault weapon such as an AR15 for home defense. I asked him if his basis for this thinking. Does he have any kind of knowledge on the subject aside from what is being forced fed into him by the biased and mis informed media and he could not really give me an answer. I Did tell him that I use an AR rifle for home protection out of consideration for his safety. My rifle fires a small caliber high velocity hollow point round that is designed to penetrate less and stop threats with the minimal am out of shots fired. It is also more accurate than my pistol or shotgun. I can deliver surgical shot placements with it and limit the amount of over penetration and additional shots required to stop a fight. I also told him that for home defense, I did not spare any expense but use only the most effective hollow points money can buy. These are not cop killer bullets and are designed for effectiveness as to transfer more energy onto the intended target .I do this because I do care about the safety of other people. I have put a lot a thought into what works best for my situation. A short compact rifle that delivers superior ballistics, limits penetration and delivers accuracy is the safest choice. An AR rifle fits that requirement. Using a pistol such as a 45 or 357 magnum will result in over penetration and more shots fired to stop fights. A shotgun with buckshots will also fare the same. Rifles are almost impossible to conceal and is not the favored weapon of criminals. This is why the last AWB did not have measurable effects in the 10 years it was in place. I think I got him thinking. He googles everything anyways. Today. I saw him again and wants to know how to go about buying an AR15. Glad to see that he now sees the light and hopefully supports us in our struggle to protect our 2A rights.

I just had my wife(who WAS on the fence) read your post. Now she FINALLY understands where I'm coming from. Only been arguing with her since the beginning of this whole mess. Oh, well...at least she finally see the light!!!

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Hey SCARCQB, can we rent you for an evening? Help set confused friends straight? Apparently your delivery is better than most.

:party29:

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    opinions are like assh(&%les. And I will put a hole in you regardless of your BS politics if caused....

I know what to use when and where, and am ready to....

less posture more convicture, sorry just tired of dialogue....
    flame on,,....

(forgive my rant.....please)

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    SCAR, do ou use hollow point .223's? I've also read about using an AR for home defense. Seems to be a good choice, considering I live in a town home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom