• jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm currently using this http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/POF-AR15-AR10-4-5lb-Trigger-w-KNS-Anti-Rotation-P-p/pof-00457.htm as it's a known good trigger for 9mm PCCs. I may get this https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire-Hipertouch-24C-Trigger-AR15-Competition-p/hf-hpt24c.htm as it's another known good PCC trigger, but I'm not ready to swallow $223.25. My POF works fine.

The POFs are supposed to be good for PCCs. I was too cheap to buy one, so I went with a stock FCG and changed the hammer. It has a fairly crisp 6lb pull. Since I don't compete, I wasn't looking for anything fancy.

I did look at those Hiperfires a while ago. Did a thread on them as I recall. Ended up going with Geissele instead.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I'm currently using this http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/POF-AR15-AR10-4-5lb-Trigger-w-KNS-Anti-Rotation-P-p/pof-00457.htm as it's a known good trigger for 9mm PCCs. I may get this https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire-Hipertouch-24C-Trigger-AR15-Competition-p/hf-hpt24c.htm as it's another known good PCC trigger, but I'm not ready to swallow $223.25. My POF works fine.

I use the POF in my 9mm. I've never had an issue. Great trigger.

I use a standard carbine spring and a Rock River 9mm buffer with a CMMG bolt. I only use Colt mags. It throws brass into the next county and I have never had any issues.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Now I need to get a stuck bullet out of a barrel. A dowel and hammer aren't cutting it. I see lead at the base of the bullet, so it's not one of my reloads. Sigh.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    On Saturday I ended up going to my gun smith to get the bullet out. No charge. I like Sam Hatfield. Anyway, I tried her out again last night, trying to sight in the new Bushnell sight I put on. It's still acting up, so I'll be swapping springs out. And getting a new handguard, the piece of crap that came with the upper keeps loosening, so I have a couple of new ones on the way from Joe Bob's.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So I ordered this stuff from Joe Bob's on Sunday.

Item # Description Qty
    MA-FOXTROT-15 Matrix Arms AR-15 Foxtrot KeyMod Handguard - 15" 2
    KAK-SLIMCAN-9MM KAK INDUSTRY 1/2x36 9MM SLIMLINE FLASH CAN 1
    SI-ARCH-BK Strike Industries AR-15 Charging Handle - SI-ARCH-BK 3

And this barrel from Faxon

Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total
    16" Taper, 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbine, Blowback,
    4150 QPQ
    15A910N16NLQ 1 $139.00 USD $139.00 USD
    Subtotal: $139.00 USD
    Discount: -$13.90 USD
    Shipping: $6.83 USD
    Grand Total: $131.93 USD

I didn't read the thread pitch on the new barrel and hadn't ordered a brake that fit, so I'm looking for one. Of course Joe Bob's has the proper brake, but I realized I missed a brake after the order is packed up. Looks like I'll have to order the brake and another POF trigger. I may have two fully functioning 9mm ARs sometime in the next two weeks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    BE VERY careful when you order a new trigger.... a LOT of them do not function properly with a ramped 9MM bolt.

The hammer MUST be full typical AR15 profile... or it won't reset correctly

And I still suggest you make sure your ejector is adjusted properly... and the Tubbs Flatwire .308 spring.

No. I run a Geissele SSA-E Trigger in mine. The hammer is a little sliver of a thing. I too run a Tubbs .308 buffer spring and a Heavy Buffers 9Q heavy buffer (8.5 oz). I have never had a FTF, FTE. Of course, Clandestine did his reliability work on it. It is my favorite gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom