• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Well now, I never said anything about it making sense :) ...that's just the explanation I remember being attached to the picture.

EDIT:
    This isn't where I originally saw it, but this is what my quick google search came up with:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/07/06/interesting-placement-of-m16-carry-handle/

**I don't read the blog or know who writes it, so I have no idea if he's right or not, I'm just linking to it for the picture.

From the picture they had other optics mounted and that the iron sights was just storage for easy access (in the infantry you only have so many places to put stuff) incase the primary optics failed, tiy can see he is holding a front grip w/ his week hand. Iron sights are prety durible and there is always acuracy by volume of fire if necicary or just adjust the sightd if they are that bad but I'm just guessing.

Thats you in the video, you look nothing like your avatar.

yeah he looks way better in his avitar :lol2:

Yup, thats me. Those are Shooting Glasses though. I dont wear or require glasses/contacts.

Don't try to church it up :innocent0 hey how much do those suppressors run for? I also have wanted to try these forward grips because I always hold the magwell and know it is not the best thing to do but it's whats comfratible (probably out of bad habit) to me and I shoot well like that and was concidering getting a verticle grip and putting it all the way back on the rail till I saw the magpul grips

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    yeah he looks way better in his avitar :lol2:
    You meanie. :lol2:

hey how much do those suppressors run for? I also have wanted to try these forward grips because I always hold the magwell and know it is not the best thing to do but it's whats comfratible (probably out of bad habit) to me and I shoot well like that and was concidering getting a verticle grip and putting it all the way back on the rail till I saw the magpul grips

The YHM 7.62 Suppressors Run right about $700 with one mount. You can probably save $50 if you shop around.

If you havent tried this setup your welcome to give mine a run at the next shoot. :)

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    web.jpg

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    It's just another polymer moneymaker Magpul makes you believe you need, stop drinking the Koolaid. I have some Magpul stuff, so I'm not totally innocent.

Super Wabbit

Jan 29, 2008
    I have the AFG2 and like it a lot. I have Midwest Ind.'s 12" quad rail, which isn't as thin as a DD rail, so I opted for the 2nd Gen version of the AFG to manage how wide the gripe is. I find it very comfortable and I feel like I have a lot of control of the rifle. My previous setup was a vertical grip and thumb-break method where my thumb was between the top rail and the left rail. That setup, while very controllable, left me feeling like my fingers were being constantly twisted and pinched. With the AFG, I run with my thumb in-line over the top rail. My fingers are pinched and nothing feels over extended.

Link to my post in the picture thread for a picture: http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=989437&postcount=1457

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I put an AFG2 on my Draco and I'm loving it! Took some warming up to get used to, but now I appreciate it for what it is; a simple and ergonomic alternative to a vertical foregrip. :thumbsup:

110306_draco_carbine.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom