• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Debating getting a couple of these. Thoughts and experiences? As with the P64s I hate not to buy low buck guns before they disappear. Anyone have these reasonably other than Classic (who I don't trust very far!)

Jul 1, 2012
    For me I'd have a hard time getting past the typical drunken monkey PWA import marks on the slide...
    but at the sale price might be nice to grab one or two and tuck them away.
    Like most CZ stuff it's a solid, well-made pistol.

<edit>
    well, looking at the comments on the website, it looks hit or miss and these all seem to be pretty rough cosmetically....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The trigger on the CZ 50 is heavy, not as heavy as the P64, but heavy. I wouldn't worry too much about the sights as they weren't meant to be used anyway. :lol:

Huh, mine is nice. I’d guess maybe 13-14# DA and 4# SA. A bit of slip on the DA, but the SA has very little take up once you hit the wall. Mine is dang accurate. I bought it off a member here and he or someone else had gotten the sides dead on. Bulls at 12yds and most of the 32acp loads I’ve run in it. Just rememebr euro pistol, so use euro .32acp/7.65. US .32acp has very slightly different rim dimensions so it doesn’t eject correctly on it.

Light shooting, very accurate, I like the look and fits perfectly in my hand. Downside is parts are surprisingly hard to find for it. Oh and mags are $$ and hard to find. I tracked down one spare.

Mine doesn’t like JHP first round out of the mag. If I load 7 of JHP and 1 of ball it runs fine. Also the mags can be loaded to 9 rounds. I don’t recommend it, it is probably overloading the spring and weakening it. But if you needed to for some reason, it can run 9 rounds in the mag (not my mags can load 9. Pretty sure the extra I picked up is actually a Cz70 mag).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    For me I'd have a hard time getting past the typical drunken monkey PWA import marks on the slide...
    but at the sale price might be nice to grab one or two and tuck them away.
    Like most CZ stuff it's a solid, well-made pistol.

<edit>
    well, looking at the comments on the website, it looks hit or miss and these all seem to be pretty rough cosmetically....

On the cosmetics, you mean the Classic Firearms ones? They do seem to be hit or miss. But if you’ve got a hankering, $200 shipped isn’t that much to shell out to give it a try.

Jul 1, 2012
    Yeah, I meant the comments on the Classic offerings, but since these probably all came from the same PW ARMS batch it might apply to other recent surplus sales.
    There's a guy on GB that's been selling them individually for that or less, and has pics of the actual pistol you'd get :)
    (none up right now though).

Another guy in Europe has got several batches of original mags but they are pricey ($40/ea) for a surplus shooter.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yeah, I meant the comments on the Classic offerings, but since these probably all came from the same PW ARMS batch it might apply to other recent surplus sales.
    There's a guy on GB that's been selling them individually for that or less, and has pics of the actual pistol you'd get :)
    (none up right now though).

Another guy in Europe has got several batches of original mags but they are pricey ($40/ea) for a surplus shooter.

Ya...though I do like .32s in general my PPKs get a workout. If I jump I probably would buy two or three so I have a good one, a shooter and one for parts. That's what I typically do.

I wish PW arms would be more discrete like Century was for a while.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ya...though I do like .32s in general my PPKs get a workout. If I jump I probably would buy two or three so I have a good one, a shooter and one for parts. That's what I typically do.

I wish PW arms would be more discrete like Century was for a while.

If only I had the money and were married to a non-hoplophobe...I’d do that with every gun I own/want to own. As it stands the only gun I own where I have “multiples” or a bunch of spare parts are my ARs.

Well technically I have most of a 2nd SKS and some day it might be a whole one. I still dream of having a 2nd Garand at least. Unlikely I’ll be in a position to own more than 1 of any other gun.

I really want to own a PPK or PP some day also. I’ve shot one once and man, Walther makes some sweet stuff. I really like .32acp

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It is a comfortable gun to shoot at the range, way more comfortable than the P64 So, if you have a guest that does not like the recoil. its a good gun to take out. but So is a 22 though.
    I got one of the ones from Classic as I had missed the big import years ago and for a while when surplus was not available, they jumped up in price to almost $300 which is where LOTS of other 32 pocket pistols are at right now.
    Once the surplus dries up, it may be back at around $300 again. But who knows when that will be?

Classic limits the purchased to 30 now, so you can't tell how many they have anymore.

Who here did not get a Nagant Revolver when they were $100?

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Who here did not get a Nagant Revolver when they were $100?

Unfortunately, me. Was into more modern types at the time. Not gonna pay $300 for o e now though.
    I did grab a CZ50 from classic and really like it. The condition was excellent with all bluing intact. Would I buy a second, probably not. The weight is a little more than what I prefer for a pistol of this size.
    However I did pick up a second CZ82 though. Those are sweet little blow back pistols and my favorite of the recent surplus offerings.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    One thing about the 50's is like a lot of the early Czech guns they often have an issue with the decocker firing a chambered round.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I like my CZ50. I've only had it out once so far and had several failures to feed. I bought a replacement magazine spring from Wolff. The old spring seemed wore out and the inside of the mag was full of crud. Got it all cleaned out and the new spring installed, I think it'll be OK now, just need to get it out again and find out for sure!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I recall reading that they prefer European-made ammo. I don't know if that's true, but mine has been 100% with Euro hardball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom