• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I've got one with maybe 500 rounds through it and 9 mags.

2 pouches and bayonet.

What would be a approximate value?

Just don't shoot it and really want a detachable mag shotgun so may unload it if there is value.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a VZ2008, and while it is a Century, it has been tabbed, and runs 100%. If I recall they sold for around 400 or 450 new, but are no longer sold, and not subject to 922r if I understand, as they are US built, so you can put US made stuff on it. They are one of Century"s better guns, IMHO. Do you know what version you have, early or later? The earlier Century tabbed ones may be worth a little more. I took the folder off mine as it was uncomfortable, and got a Fab Defense stock, and also have the standard beaver barf stock. I have seen values all over the place. Considering the real VZ58s go for about $1200, if I had to let mine go, it would go as a package with everything for 800, otherwise I would keep it. Mags, the beaver barf, extra mags, my spring kit, mag lock kit, 10 rd mags, pouch, fiber optic sights. Not saying that's what it's worth, but my out of my hands value.A bare VZ2008, maybe 600? Add some for the mags.I have seen them on AL and GB all over the place from 600-1000, so it's hard to say.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I have a VZ2008, and while it is a Century, it has been tabbed, and runs 100%. If I recall they sold for around 400 or 450 new, but are no longer sold, and not subject to 922r if I understand, as they are US built, so you can put US made stuff on it. They are one of Century"s better guns, IMHO. Do you know what version you have, early or later? The earlier Century tabbed ones may be worth a little more. I took the folder off mine as it was uncomfortable, and got a Fab Defense stock, and also have the standard beaver barf stock. I have seen values all over the place. Considering the real VZ58s go for about $1200, if I had to let mine go, it would go as a package with everything for 800, otherwise I would keep it. Mags, the beaver barf, extra mags, my spring kit, mag lock kit, 10 rd mags, pouch, fiber optic sights. Not saying that's what it's worth, but my out of my hands value.A bare VZ2008, maybe 600? Add some for the mags.I have seen them on AL and GB all over the place from 600-1000, so it's hard to say.

Well said and I sold mine a few weeks after I got it for around 400. I always wanted an Ak47 but that was the closest thing I was able to get since we are in Maryland.

I didn’t like it because I felt it was too light and it didn’t shoot well. Also it jammed a few times.

Now, if you want to get rid of it cheap and need the cash, I might grab it just for collection maybe :)

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have one and if I were selling what you have, I would price it at $700 for the rifle + $150 for the magazines + $50 for the bayonet & pouches, for a total of $900.

There are 2 on GB right now, with starting bids of $595 & $710, add in shipping of $40-$45, plus FFL transfer of $25-$50, you end up with $660 as best price if nobody else bids on the cheaper one. https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms/search?Keywords=VZ-58
    DK Firearms has used magazines for @ $17.97, including tax. So 9 X $17.97 = $161.73, if picked up at the Chantilly show.
    https://dkfirearms.com/product/vz58-vz2008-7-62x39-30-round-magazine-surplus/
    A bayonet will run about $ 35 and 2 pouches about $25 = $60 + shipping, if you don't find them at a gun show.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/Gun-Parts/search?Keywords=VZ-58&PageSize=96&Sort=13&View=1

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Several sold here on MDS for $650 and $700 2 years ago. I know one person who has the $700 one and it shot well. folder was replaced with beaver barf Czhech stock.
    I think $700 for the VZ2008 is a fair price. If you can't sell the bayo, just list it separately.

if you had 10 rounds mags it might sell quicker in MD

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Several sold here on MDS for $650 and $700 2 years ago. I know one person who has the $700 one and it shot well. folder was replaced with beaver barf Czhech stock.
    I think $700 for the VZ2008 is a fair price. If you can't sell the bayo, just list it separately.

if you had 10 rounds mags it might sell quicker in MD

Absolutely agree in this price, but again it all really comes down to you if you really want to get rid of it ASAP or sell it because it makes a profit. Some lists at a certain price is not necessary it will sell.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’d be interested, but can’t do the mags in Maryland unless they are elusive 10 round mags :-(

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    And I just happen to live miles from the Pa. border.

Anyone interested in the gun PM me and we can discuss. I would possibly entertain selling the ammo with the gun. I probably have 1000-1500 rounds for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom