• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 13, 2005
    Jeeeez. There's 14,000 options for AR playgrounds today. At least 36 of those are worthy of more than most people could impose on them. Reminds me of other markets that have fanboys attached to a product line due to emotion and psychological attached

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I guess it is similar to the big 3 automakers getting cut down to size by cheaper, more efficient competition. I like my Colt, but did they just kinda rest on their name for a while? I mean, I guess they tried to compete with the Expanse, but with the amount of experience and production ability they have, I would have thought they could competed a little more aggressively, no? I mean, if I am not milspec, do I need a milspec gun over a decent quality one at 1/2 the price, but has a lifetime warranty?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It seems like this is fake news intended to clear out some slow selling rifles at one particular dealer.

Does Colt even have any government contracts?

BS all the way. TTAG is great for reviews but sometimes is just a rumor mill.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Colt is supposedly taking a 2 month break from resupplying AR-15 rifles to their commercial distributors to catch up on government/military orders. TTAG should really have sought the actual email that Colt sent the distributor they got the "heads up" from.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    With the service I have had from Colt over the last year... I am not surprised with anything out of that company. It took me a year to get a Cylinder form a SAA to get re nickel plated. 1 year and actually 2 months. Less than 50 shots and it pealed off again! In for the second time now! Estimate this time was a quick 2-3 Months! Their service department is rude and will never call you back. They don't sell individual parts direct, or to the bulk dealers they claim to. Frankly the only thing keeping them in business is a good name!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I got an M4A1 with a standard "H" buffer instead of the "H2" it was supposed to have. I called them up and couldn't have been treated any nicer. All they asked for was my Serial Number. They told me I could keep the one that came in it and answered questions I had about production too. I guess it just depends on who answers the phone. Also, I had my part in about a week and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom