Attachments

• 6998E035-A8D9-4F24-B9BB-5B20587AE4A1.jpg
      6998E035-A8D9-4F24-B9BB-5B20587AE4A1.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 474

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    These are GOOD small town cops, I hope they get everything sorted out and get back to work as soon as possible. I believe this is Jim Meadows....... of Meadows Construction, people who frequent Lowes in NE would have seen him quite a bit down there over the past few years.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    For Immediate Release

On May 13, 2019 at approximately 6:54pm officers from the Rising Sun Police Department responded to the 400 Block of Little New York Road in Rising Sun, Maryland to assist the Maryland State Police and Cecil County Sheriff’s Office with an armed suicidal subject in a residence with possible hostages.
    Once on location, officers were directed to the rear of the residence where the arm subject was last seen. As the officers approached the side of the residence, they observed through a window, a male subject armed with a handgun. The male subject became involved in a physical tussle with a second male subject. The officers engaged the armed subject, who was now standing next to an opened sliding glass door, with verbal commands to no avail. The subject refused to comply and turned toward the officers while raising the handgun. The officers perceived a threat to them, the second subject and subsequently fired multiple shots from their agency issued firearms.
    Three officers from the Rising Sun Police Department were involved. All three have been placed on administrative leave. An investigation of the shooting is being conducted by the Maryland State Police and Cecil County States Attorney’s Office.

The decedent: James Douglas Meadows
    North East, Maryland

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I hope this was not a case of "Suicide by Cops", that seems to be more common things these days.

I hope this was not a case of "Suicide by Cops", that seems to be more common things these days.

Well it said he was suicidal so that's probably the case. Committing suicide is selfish to begin with and having some one else kill you is even more selfish. Some people cant deal with taking another life even if they had no choice and it will haunt them for the rest of their life.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    These are GOOD small town cops, I hope they get everything sorted out and get back to work as soon as possible .

Yes they are, I know one of those guys and I hate that they have to deal with this. I don’t know any details but I’m certain that they weren’t left with any other options in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yes they are, I know one of those guys and I hate that they have to deal with this. I don’t know any details but I’m certain that they weren’t left with any other options in this situation.

I know one, for about 15 years now, he lives not far up the road from me, awesome guy, GREAT Cop with super even temperament and a laid back approach to policing.

He's got young kids at home, I hope for everyone sake this situation goes away smoothly and as as soon as possible so he can get back to work.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    I know one, for about 15 years now, he lives not far up the road from me, awesome guy, GREAT Cop with super even temperament and a laid back approach to policing.

He's got young kids at home, I hope for everyone sake this situation goes away smoothly and as as soon as possible so he can get back to work.

It’s a small world, we might know the same guy.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    One of our Pastors is the Chaplin for RS PD. I'm sure he is knee deep in the counseling side now. Prayers for all of the officers involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom