• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    $300 is for a bare slide. Glock store had complete factory G43 slides for $400 ready for shooting. I'm not into high dollar custom jobs .
    Acknowledged... some may want a 'more custom' build and GGP slides are less than some of the other custom slide options. It also allows one to choose a barrel other than the factory Glock barrel, should one so choose.. ;)

Acknowledged... some may want a 'more custom' build and GGP slides are less than some of the other custom slide options. It also allows one to choose a barrel other than the factory Glock barrel, should one so choose.. ;)

I belong to a couple GLOCK and 80% pages on Facebook and see some guys (and girls) spend crazy money customizing their EDC..From my experience 99% of the time if someone is having issues with their Glock it's due to aftermarket components. (like the guy who put a ZEV trigger in his Poly80 build and ended up with multi shot bursts) I like my builds with stock factory parts or conversions. I built one G17 frame with a 22LR conversion and one with a 22TCM 9R conversion...everything else I have built is stock.

I am waiting for Poly80 to release a 20/21 frame so I can build a 10MM and then another in 460 Rowland to hunt deer with..Poly80 drags it's feet on their releases (hence why the SS80 caught them by surprise and they lost that market share)...Now that they have competition I'm hoping they get off their asses and release new products...How hard can it be to make the same frame just a little larger or smaller??

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I belong to a couple GLOCK and 80% pages on Facebook and see some guys (and girls) spend crazy money customizing their EDC..From my experience 99% of the time if someone is having issues with their Glock it's due to aftermarket components. (like the guy who put a ZEV trigger in his Poly80 build and ended up with multi shot bursts) I like my builds with stock factory parts or conversions. I built one G17 frame with a 22LR conversion and one with a 22TCM 9R conversion...everything else I have built is stock.

I am waiting for Poly80 to release a 20/21 frame so I can build a 10MM and then another in 460 Rowland to hunt deer with..Poly80 drags it's feet on their releases (hence why the SS80 caught them by surprise and they lost that market share)...Now that they have competition I'm hoping they get off their asses and release new products...How hard can it be to make the same frame just a little larger or smaller??
    I agree... I run all stock Glock parts in the frame, may do a little polishing and refining on them, but they are stock parts. Slide, barrel, perhaps not, but that can be an issue, had to do some filing on a buddy's new G17 slide from another company to just get the barrel to drop in as it should, so.... you need to be careful and you need to know what you are doing if there are any issues at all when mixing parts. I have never seen the need for a high-end trigger, the Glock trigger is decent and smooths out with a little attention to the mating surfaces.

As for P80, yes... they do seem to drag their feet and it will be interesting to see if the competition lights em up a little..

I'd buy a 21 frame when they come out most likely. I have a 30 from Glock, but I'd like a 21.. :thumbsup:

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    Not to railroad the thread, but I was up at the Great Outdoor Show and saw JD Supply was selling their 80% Sig P320 FCU ($80 without jig which he says is a few weeks away). Any thoughts on this project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country
    For anyone who went to the Great American OS. Was there any deals on Glock 80% lowers? I’m looking to do a Glock build but I’m trying to hold out for a 10mm but I really just wanna do one in general. That Sig P320 80% is tempting

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    For anyone who went to the Great American OS. Was there any deals on Glock 80% lowers? I’m looking to do a Glock build but I’m trying to hold out for a 10mm but I really just wanna do one in general. That Sig P320 80% is tempting

JD supply had the P80 full size and compact. Didn’t see the price though.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Not to railroad the thread, but I was up at the Great Outdoor Show and saw JD Supply was selling their 80% Sig P320 FCU ($80 without jig which he says is a few weeks away). Any thoughts on this project?

It’s a little different animal than the Glock builds having to drill thru that small metal trigger assembly. Sig modules should now finally be readily available after tons of backorders and price gouging..

It’s also been delayed time and time again, they were shown by 2 different companies around winter 2017 iirc and still not ready as of Feb 2018
    Interested to see what comes of them, maybe after a solid 6 months+ out on the market and many reliable builds are done, I would consider one myself

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    If you keep an eye out, they are almost always going on sale somewhere for one reason or another. I have bought several and not paid much over $110 for any of them over the past year, just watch some of the retailers for when they put them on sale.

I think the 21 frame is slated for later this year..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom