• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I need a holster for my CZ SP-01 Phantom (new). It doesn't fit in any of my SP-01 holsters, as it's a touch wide. And I need a holster for my new Armscor 9mm/TCM double-stack 1911. It doesn't fit in the STI Eagle holster I have, the Armscor also is a touch too wide. Is there a kydex holster maker locally that can make a regular belt holster for my Phantom and a drop/offset holster for my Armscor? I have the drop/offset bracket, I just need a holster that will mate up to it and not get warped or twist when I draw. Preferably one someone here has used. I can look up holster makers, just want honest recommendations by people I trust ;)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    never bought or used their stuff, but red hill tactical seems to be pretty popular and also local, and he/they shoot at local matches so you possibly could hook up at a local match and hand off your gun(s) if he needs to do a mold for it. believe they do kydex and uspsa/3 gun applications, not sure about carry etc.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I need a holster for my CZ SP-01 Phantom (new). It doesn't fit in any of my SP-01 holsters, as it's a touch wide. And I need a holster for my new Armscor 9mm/TCM double-stack 1911. It doesn't fit in the STI Eagle holster I have, the Armscor also is a touch too wide. Is there a kydex holster maker locally that can make a regular belt holster for my Phantom and a drop/offset holster for my Armscor? I have the drop/offset bracket, I just need a holster that will mate up to it and not get warped or twist when I draw. Preferably one someone here has used. I can look up holster makers, just want honest recommendations by people I trust ;)

Good to hear you trust us :D

Just kidding, this is a great question.

I have a bunch of holsters, like many others here.

I'm assuming this is a competition only pistol? If so I'd go with the top three makers used by action shooters: CompTac, BladeTech or Safariland. I've been pleased with holsters from all three.

If you are thinking to carry the SP01, they still have you covered, but you may want to go with leather or some custom kydex, different story. Hope this helps.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm assuming this is a competition only pistol? If so I'd go with the top three makers used by action shooters: CompTac, BladeTech or Safariland. I've been pleased with holsters from all three.

None of them seems to have holsters for my two new pistols. The new Phantom's slide is too wide to fit in the original SP-01 holsters, and Bladetech tells me that they don't make a holster for the Armscor yet. I've put an order in to RHT for the Armscor, but it's going to be a month before it shows up.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    None of them seems to have holsters for my two new pistols. The new Phantom's slide is too wide to fit in the original SP-01 holsters, and Bladetech tells me that they don't make a holster for the Armscor yet. I've put an order in to RHT for the Armscor, but it's going to be a month before it shows up.

Ok. Two more ideas. You may be able to gently stretch your kydex with a heat gun or hair dryer, just be careful.

Also at the HOCO gun show, there is usually a guy that will make you a holster, if he doesn't have a dummy gun , and he won't have yours, maybe can use your real gun as the mold?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The Red Hill holster showed up last week, so I used it for the USPSA match at Quantico this past weekend. I had to tighten down the bolts just to keep the pistol in the holster. I don't think I'll be using this in 3-gun. I will probably be using the Blackhawk! Omnivore holster, since it has better retention and I can attach it to my thigh rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom