• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've shot two matches during the past two weekends, neither of them have posted results. ??? Peacemaker said they'd be up on Practiscore that night, still nothing. Same with Quantico Steel Challenge. Am I searching incorrectly?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Wow that is as good as I have done in Super Steel in awhile. So I guess re-sighting in both firearms definitely helped. Even with the mag malfunction in stage 5 I finished in 7th in PCC and 2nd in Open (with my G34 no less). If Dave and I had not had the malfunctions each in one stage we would have been close to the lead in PCC. I need to get one more good G18 mag for the PCC as I had a mag spring fail in one of my ETS 30 rd. mags. Alternately I will be looking for some new springs for those 2 ETS mags.

Well checked MidwayUSA and the Glock 33-rd mags are on sale for $28.99 and I found a pair of Wolf 5% extra power 33-rd springs for 6.99 each. Just have to make the Wolf springs work in the ETS 30-rd mags w/+3 Arredondo basepads they have.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ah, so I'm searching with the wrong terms. Looks like I did okay at PNTC, especially with all of the problems I was having. And I placed second in PCCO and fourth overall at Quantico Steel Challenge. I'm guessing I placed higher because Tim Baccus wasn't there, but I'm not going to complain.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah pretty embarrassed that both my guns had issues. the loose scope was totally preventable, but guess even red loctite wears off after oil and solvents have worked on it for a while. on my pcc, i disassembled the bolt, firing pin etc and scrubbed the heck out of it and blew it out with compressed air. didn't remove the trigger group but soaked it in wd40 and blew that out also. nothing seemed obvious to cause light strikes but there was a little crud, so hopefully that fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom