What rifles take standard AR15 magazines?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    How do you like the 5.56? Are there a lot of parts besides the barrel itself that aren't common to the M43 variant?

Seems pretty much the same, I have both (the twins) and the difference that I can tell is barrel, bolt, mag well adapter for the 5.56 mag. Need to look but the sights (I think) have different range graduations which would be appropriate.

Attachments

• 100_1723_edited.jpg
      100_1723_edited.jpg
      82.9 KB · Views: 208

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    And performance, reliability, etc. has been on par with the M43? Nothing strange about how it handles?

I'm thinking hard about getting a hold of the 5.56 cal version whenever I find one, so really curious. I've got the M43 cal too, have been happy with how it runs. Holds it's own against the Galil ACE on pure performance alone.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    And performance, reliability, etc. has been on par with the M43? Nothing strange about how it handles?

I'm thinking hard about getting a hold of the 5.56 cal version whenever I find one, so really curious. I've got the M43 cal too, have been happy with how it runs. Holds it's own against the Galil ACE on pure performance alone.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Seem's ok haven't had time to really hammer it with a lot of rounds, definitely prefers steel/alloy mags to magpul not a problem just snugness in the mag well. Generally with the VZ58 I admire the classic so I probably wont buy another 5.56 but that's nothing wrong with the gun just preference for caliber in the platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom