Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Jobs Board

Notices

Old October 18th, 2017, 02:11 PM #131
2013'er

2013'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
I should get into development, there always seems to be a market for developers. Analysts...we're dime a dozen.
I'm a system administrator/network administrator/hardware tech. I have spent 20 years managing the software development and test labs for whichever projects I work on. Normally there are 2 or 3 guys like me administering a few hundred servers, and 50-100 developers who use them to develop software for the customer.

NRA Lifetime Member
MSI, SAF Member
U.S. Navy Vet, Oath Keeper
CrazySanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 03:24 PM #132

I heard the other day, the Aberdeen Proving Ground DES is looking to hire more police officers if anyone is interested. most likely posted to USA Jobs
Florida_11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:22 PM #133
Beer Czar

Beer Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySanMan View Post
Either of you want to move to Denver?
I'm a senior .Net C# programmer/analyst. I would seriously consider relocating.

I'll float the idea to the Consideration Committee and PM you if that's a possibility.
Old October 26th, 2017, 10:39 PM #134
Peace through strength

Peace through strength

Sittin' on the bench right now while the government finds more funding... kinda sucks. So, I'm looking for something outstandingly interesting...

Software developer / architect / jack-of-all-trades when it comes to IT (end-customer support, deployment, O/S installation & management, firewall & routing rules, DevOps, some AWS / Azure, etc. etc. etc.)

Pick up new domain knowledge quickly - I've worked on procurement web applications, DICOM web sites & appliances, closed-captioning & low latency broadcast video

Lots of different languages (C, C++, C#, some Java 2 even, FORTRAN if I think I can), systems (embedded Raspberry Pi GPIO, Linux, Windows, OpenVMS), web stuff (ASP.Net MVC, JQuery, bits of Perl / Python, etc. etc.), frameworks / tools / protocols (ffmpeg, .Net, OpenVPN, TCP/IP, SCSI, NFS & et al, UDF, ISO-9660, HD-SDI, etc. etc.), mutl-threaded / concurrency control, etc. etc.

You name it IT-wise, I can probably tell you something about it (and probably have worked on it) - except IBM stuff, that's just weird...

Open to Maryland (Frederick, Baltimore, Lanham, Rockville rectangle), NoVa as far as Herndon (maybe Chantilly), but no way Arlington or Alexandria [I like to get home before 9pm], DC might be okay depending on the "interesting" part. Telework okay. Part-time okay - but I won't quit my day job for it.
whistlersmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:11 PM #135

Talented marketer experienced in F2F, B2B and B2C marketing strategies focused on driving engagement and brand awareness through innovative and research based initiatives.

Just graduated VCU with my degree in Marketing concentration in brand management. Studying google analytics and photo-shop to remain competitive for the workforce. Former Marine with a clearance,

I catch on pretty quick would be interested in continuing the analytic side of things.

Moving up to Silver Spring so looking to work in the area.

Thanks
Scorpion777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 10:54 AM #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlersmother View Post
Sittin' on the bench right now while the government finds more funding... kinda sucks. So, I'm looking for something outstandingly interesting...

Software developer / architect / jack-of-all-trades when it comes to IT (end-customer support, deployment, O/S installation & management, firewall & routing rules, DevOps, some AWS / Azure, etc. etc. etc.)

Pick up new domain knowledge quickly - I've worked on procurement web applications, DICOM web sites & appliances, closed-captioning & low latency broadcast video

Lots of different languages (C, C++, C#, some Java 2 even, FORTRAN if I think I can), systems (embedded Raspberry Pi GPIO, Linux, Windows, OpenVMS), web stuff (ASP.Net MVC, JQuery, bits of Perl / Python, etc. etc.), frameworks / tools / protocols (ffmpeg, .Net, OpenVPN, TCP/IP, SCSI, NFS & et al, UDF, ISO-9660, HD-SDI, etc. etc.), mutl-threaded / concurrency control, etc. etc.

You name it IT-wise, I can probably tell you something about it (and probably have worked on it) - except IBM stuff, that's just weird...

Open to Maryland (Frederick, Baltimore, Lanham, Rockville rectangle), NoVa as far as Herndon (maybe Chantilly), but no way Arlington or Alexandria [I like to get home before 9pm], DC might be okay depending on the "interesting" part. Telework okay. Part-time okay - but I won't quit my day job for it.
I know that GDIT is always looking for people. And I know for sure that KForce is looking for people of your skill. The guys at KForce are very helpful, and probably have no problems finding you a job. Also with GDIT, there are tons of listing for people of your skill. Got to work as a contractor though.
pleasant1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:05 AM #137

Experienced welder in most welding processes including MIG Stick TIG Flux. Has been or is currently certified in welding aluminum, stainless,carbon steel, chrome. Last 6 years spent in a machine shop environment. Before that almost 5 years pipe welding. Well versed in the use of hand tools. Also have basic CNC programming skills along with manual mill and lathe experience. Extremely motivated and enjoy learning and improving. Have clearance. Located in St Mary’s county. Please PM with any info on potential jobs. Available ASAP.

Side Note. I’m not opposed to getting into another field. I think something like SMECO would be great.

GottaEat is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Jobs Board