MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I've had good luck with this stuff in both my Yugo capture g98 and my Hakim. It is non-corrosive and accurate enough to ring steel at 300 yards. I plan on ordering a few hundred rounds--if not a case--here in the next day or so. It is my understanding that it works great in Hakims and it is a toss up for Mauser family rifles. FWIW the Hotshots steel cased 170gr stuff seems to work fine for me too. Not sure if they are one and the same. I know this stuff is from Sadu. Not sure about the Hotshots.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I've had good luck with this stuff in both my Yugo capture g98 and my Hakim. It is non-corrosive and accurate enough to ring steel at 300 yards. I plan on ordering a few hundred rounds--if not a case--here in the next day or so. It is my understanding that it works great in Hakims and it is a toss up for Mauser family rifles. FWIW the Hotshots steel cased 170gr stuff seems to work fine for me too. Not sure if they are one and the same. I know this stuff is from Sadu. Not sure about the Hotshots.

Never heard of a Yugo capture G98.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    J&G Sales was selling some Yugo Gewehr 98/K98k hybrids about 2 years ago. I think only a few hundred came in. I got one of them. They were K98k receivers that had Gewehr 98 stocks and barrels put on them.
    FWIW as far as I know I have an M98 (no /48 at the end), I just stink at proofreading. Didn't realize I put "G98". Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Also, I love that the folk on here are such a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the factoid. Makes me glad to be a part of this forum.

ETA: among the many topics I am not an expert on, Mausers are definitely one. I should really take pictures this weekend. Being not an expert, here is what caused me to buy the gun:

1.) It was mixed in with M48s.
    2.) The price was good.
    3.) It is marked "M98"
    4.) The stock looks cool
    5.) The barrel is in good shape.
    6.) I was at a gun store.
    7.) I wanted an 8mm Mauser bolt gun to go along with my Hakim.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    FWIW as far as I know I have an M98 (no /48 at the end), I just stink at proofreading. Didn't realize I put "G98". Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Also, I love that the folk on here are such a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the factoid. Makes me glad to be a part of this forum.

ETA: among the many topics I am not an expert on, Mausers are definitely one. I should really take pictures this weekend. Being not an expert, here is what caused me to buy the gun:

1.) It was mixed in with M48s.
    2.) The price was good.
    3.) It is marked "M98"
    4.) The stock looks cool
    5.) The barrel is in good shape.
    6.) I was at a gun store.
    7.) I wanted an 8mm Mauser bolt gun to go along with my Hakim.

Why are you getting butthurt?

I’ve honestly never heard of a Yugo G98 or a hybrid G98/K98k. I learned something new today - that people assembled rifles out of a bunch of parts.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Why are you getting butthurt?

I’ve honestly never heard of a Yugo G98 or a hybrid G98/K98k. I learned something new today - that people assembled rifles out of a bunch of parts.
    I'm not butthurt. I was poking fun of myself.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Classic is putting VG-Excellent (well, what Ben says is VG-E anyway) P-64s out for $229. Spare mags are $20. Need to shop around, but the ones in the video look to be VG-E in all reality for once.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• AACD74AC-57FF-4CD7-B8C3-40E91E74FCD7.png
      AACD74AC-57FF-4CD7-B8C3-40E91E74FCD7.png
      16.9 KB · Views: 359

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics