• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    I wanted to say hello and thank everybody for the various posts I’ve been lurking in to answer some questions about possibly mounting a DeltaPoint Pro on my home defense gun. Work in progress...

I’ve got a mix of firearms—some family heirlooms, some newer. I used to get a fair amount of range time when I was active duty military, but nowadays I get out less often than I’d like. I mostly shoot at Silver Eagle in Ashburn—very nice facility.

On the heirloom side, I have a German K98 that my grandfather brought home from Italy and host brother converted to a sporter. It needs some TLC, so I’ll post separately about that. I also have a Remington Model 10 from my other grandfather that I need to get checked out before I’d be comfortable shooting since I’m confident it hasn’t been fired in maybe 40-50 years.

Looking forward to joining the community here.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Always a delight to discover that at least one other resident of my county is here on the dark side. Welcome!

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Welcome, also from the middle of MoCo. Ashburn seems like a haul but there aren’t great options nearby. I have memberships at both Gilbert and AGC.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    I wouldn’t want to drive to Silver Eagle during rush hour, but it’s not too far w/o traffic and it’s a *really* nice facility. Never been to Gilbert’s, but I heard you have to shoot their ammo—what has your experience been like there?

I’ve also been meaning to check out the outdoor range that’s up near Frederick.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Welcome from the Hyattstown area of the Ag Reserve!

For rifle and pistol without having to go all the way to Ashburn, Cresap up in Frederick is open to the public on Sundays and very reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom