• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    crazy thing is that now some military units are taking training from 3gun and quick shot experts. no more draw, bring to chest, extend, shoot while extending on target. they're training to draw, shoot from hip, extend from hip.
    Done that too on Blaster229's private range. Fun stuff shooting point blank from the draw position.

Call me Supermallninja!

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Almost fell over laughing at Myrtle Grove one quiet weekday morning mid to late last year.
    There was a real wannabe "operator" there, 2 drop leg platforms with a holstered pistol (2 Glocks from the look of it) on each and a taser on one of them, a single point slung probably 11inch barreled AR15 with a stock (no idea if he had a stamp) and a bunch of attachments laser flashlight reflex optic etc, a fully loaded down plate carrier with at least 8 AR magazines and 6 glock magazines 2 drop pouches and a bayonet and a "survival" knife. Some off-brand multicam suit (not uniform cut), "shoe boots" (dont know the proper term for them, like combat boots and sneakers had a baby), a PJ style helmet with integrated hearing protection and boom mic, and so on. (sorry that was one really long run on sentence lol)

He was doing all kinds of "tacticool" moves, shooting prone on the ground and laying on the table, kneeling, standing, using the table as cover/concealment "rolling" then shooting, etc. I am surprised he didnt run down-range moving and shooting. He was talking about how he was spec ops and he couldnt get enough range time on base and such to anyone who would listen. He clearly wasnt. He couldnt have been more than 20 years old and was fairly pudgy build.

I did walk up to the top of the ramp and view from afar after a couple minutes, as did 2 of the 3 others at the range there. Wish I had videoed it, but i was too busy laughing.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Almost fell over laughing at Myrtle Grove one quiet weekday morning mid to late last year.
    There was a real wannabe "operator" there, 2 drop leg platforms with a holstered pistol (2 Glocks from the look of it) on each and a taser on one of them, a single point slung probably 11inch barreled AR15 with a stock (no idea if he had a stamp) and a bunch of attachments laser flashlight reflex optic etc, a fully loaded down plate carrier with at least 8 AR magazines and 6 glock magazines 2 drop pouches and a bayonet and a "survival" knife. Some off-brand multicam suit (not uniform cut), "shoe boots" (dont know the proper term for them, like combat boots and sneakers had a baby), a PJ style helmet with integrated hearing protection and boom mic, and so on. (sorry that was one really long run on sentence lol)

He was doing all kinds of "tacticool" moves, shooting prone on the ground and laying on the table, kneeling, standing, using the table as cover/concealment "rolling" then shooting, etc. I am surprised he didnt run down-range moving and shooting. He was talking about how he was spec ops and he couldnt get enough range time on base and such to anyone who would listen. He clearly wasnt. He couldnt have been more than 20 years old and was fairly pudgy build.

I did walk up to the top of the ramp and view from afar after a couple minutes, as did 2 of the 3 others at the range there. Wish I had videoed it, but i was too busy laughing.

You should have come over to say hello. I would have let you mag dump my AR.
    :D

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Then there's a story I've heard...a gentleman arrived at the range. Set up a target at 11 yards, a target that was about 8 inches square. Shot...precisely centered. Reloaded, shot again. No change. Shot a third time. About the fourth or fifth shot, people realized that that first hole was getting a bit bigger. He kept shooting.

Turned out it was Bill Demarest. Shot in the 2000 Olympic Games. Held the World Record in Free Pistol.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Then there's a story I've heard...a gentleman arrived at the range. Set up a target at 11 yards, a target that was about 8 inches square. Shot...precisely centered. Reloaded, shot again. No change. Shot a third time. About the fourth or fifth shot, people realized that that first hole was getting a bit bigger. He kept shooting.

Turned out it was Bill Demarest. Shot in the 2000 Olympic Games. Held the World Record in Free Pistol.

Damn show-off! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom