• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lhoffman

Jan 1, 2021
    9mm Bore Lock

On Friday the 8th I'm picking up my new 9mm. Does anyone near Howard county or surrounding areas have one i can borrow? Thank you.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    A friend is in process of buying S&W M&P shield ez 380. 3.7" barrel. I was trying to assist him find a borelock. He lives in monkton. I would think 9mm lock work? Gun is at ffl (fallston), but he has to do 77r and then has wait. Works greenbelt.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    I buying a used .22 single action revolver in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have a borelock I could borrow? I live in the Annapolis area and work on Ft. Meade. Thanks!

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Is it really true as of fall of 2020, MD started requiring people to buy a new lock at the LGS when purchasing a new handgun?

Thats what the sign says at a LGS "nearby" me and thats what I had to do when purchasing recently. Sorry if been covered before ... just got into the handgun realm

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    That’s technically the law. For example I bought a gun recently at Bass Pro. They would not release to me unless I bought from them (or brought my own) a bore lock for the 9 mm. The 45 acp I also bought had an internal lock so that satisfied bass pro in their view.
    This is for a seller not necessarily if you bought online and just “transfer” at FFL. Bass Pro was the seller.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    I think people are talking past each other. My understanding is that law requires bore lock be placed in gun before ffl releases, but you do not have to buy it from the ffl. Hence this thread where people exchange. I think it does not matter if buy online and just transferring at ffl. Bore lock still required.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Gotcha. Sounds like the lgs i went to took the more conservative approach in offering a mandatory lock purchase despite the handgun already coming with a cable lock. Thanks everyone

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Gotcha. Sounds like the lgs i went to took the more conservative approach in offering a mandatory lock purchase despite the handgun already coming with a cable lock. Thanks everyone

Cable lock doesn't meet Maryland requirements. Must be a bore lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom