• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    A couple of years ago, we had the $12K Mosin. Now we have the $17K Mosin.
    Looks like some of those crappy "tomato stakes" are worth some cash ;)

This particular example hammered at $14,500. Adding in the buyers premium took it to approx $17,000.

***The link is to Gunboards, where the owner has posted pics today.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?891073-Thai-Cossack-pics

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    OK... I get that it's rare... but in the end it is still just a Mosin (my apologies to yellowsled for my blasphemy). For my money, there are so many other guns I'd rather have in my collection than that.

This x 100 percent, maybe I️ just don’t understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    A truly rare rifle, regardless of country/make/model, will command a high premium. Don't get stuck on it being "just" a Mosin. Knowledge is power and with it, the new owner ID'ed this rifle and bid accordingly (along with half of the Mosin community). Several collectors bid up to and just beyond $5k, so it was definitely an example lots of people wanted.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure the second place finisher (the one driving it to $14,500) - is a member of this board. Not me!!
    Not a big contributor here and they haven't visited since June, but an MDS member nonetheless.

Congrats to the new owner and I hope to someday find one similar at a gun show for $250 - because the seller is like the posters above and think it's "just" a Mosin ;)

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    This x 100 percent, maybe I️ just don’t understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were a multi millionaire and liked Mosins, 17K would be like us peons spending about tree fiddy.

Of course I have no idea how much this guy makes, but I am guessing he didn't save up for 5 years to buy this or anything.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Wow, big money. I like Mosins, but even if I had the money don't think I would pay that for one. I enjoy shooting them, but have started to care less about collectability. That said, if I was rich, I probably would have snagged that museum quality Westinghouse Erin sold off a year or two ago, because it's a Westinghouse.

Sirex