• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    To be fair, my 31 had light strike issues (fired on 2nd time around) when it got up to 1470 rounds w/out cleaning.

My M&P, hasn't been cleaned in over 2800 rounds currently, and no issues - aside from being a dirty little whore. :)
    Your 31 that you made right?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hmmmm......

I have Gen 2 - 17 that I love. I like the ambi safety. Being left handed and all that. It would need to have the same soft shooting characteristics as my Gen 2. I would have to try one first.
    What side is that ambi safety on?

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Hogue not needed.

I have a Dremel and am not afraid to use it!

It's easy to do, right?

798c093ae46c11a732b430551c22b080.jpg

:D

Oh my lord. That poor Glock!

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    No, I'm serious. You've got the Gen 2 without finger grooves, the G3-4 with finger grooves. Some upgrades along the way too. What is the selling point of the G5?

Flared magwell is nice, but you can buy a Magpul magwell for $25 now.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    As a lefty, the ambi slide lock/release is pretty much useless to me, as is the ambi mag release. I do like the beveled slide though, just not enough to run out for a Gen 5 just yet.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I had an ambi mag release on my G21 SF. I hated it. I prefer to install the extended mag and slide releases and I couldn't with the ambi.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Your 31 that you made right?

Didn't make the slide, that was factory new. ;)

And can't really blame the FCG, that's factory Glock - that functioned without a hitch for over 1450 rounds w/out cleaning.

**Although if anything, I'm to blame for it - I run every new firearm until it malfunctions. It's how I set my baselines for service/maintenance.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Didn't make the slide, that was factory new. ;)

And can't really blame the FCG, that's factory Glock - that functioned without a hitch for over 1450 rounds w/out cleaning.

**Although if anything, I'm to blame for it - I run every new firearm until it malfunctions. It's how I set my baselines for service/maintenance.
    That would be an atypical result for any Glock. You could probably never replicate that.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    It's what virtually every other manufacturer aspires to be. If you want a pretty pistol go buy a 1911 or one of the old school Sigs that are safe to drop like a 226 or 229. Every polymer framed pistol is copied from or inspired by Glock.

Except the HK VP70:innocent0

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Glad they nuked the finger grooves, that is one of the major reasons I don't own a glock. That, and the finger bump in the trigger guard, which sadly doesn't appear to be improved. I have giant hands Glock, throw me a bone here. Still, I'll fondle a G5 19 once I find one somewhere.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Glad they nuked the finger grooves, that is one of the major reasons I don't own a glock. That, and the finger bump in the trigger guard, which sadly doesn't appear to be improved. I have giant hands Glock, throw me a bone here. Still, I'll fondle a G5 19 once I find one somewhere.

31J1yFAxAlL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That would be an atypical result for any Glock. You could probably never replicate that.

I'll eventually clean the gun, after the new sights go on. Order another 2 cases of the same ammo, and see if the light strikes re-occur.

Speer 125gr FMJ, loaded to identical specs as the Gold-dots.

*If we didn't have the HQL BS, I'd have just bought a Glock instead. Having a factory one to test against with the same ammo/maintenance schedule would be the way to go.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Oh, I've got just a few Glocks in my safes. But why a Gen 5?

I wouldn't buy the exact same gun a year later, it would be like buying a new iPhone or galaxy every year when they come out with the next one. If my phone does the exact same things as the nes S8-9-10 does then I'm not going to bother wasting the money. Once I complete my gen 3 glocks im not going to be in the market for any new edition. If anything I'll buy a complete gen 3 hopefully for a good price since the 5 is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom