• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Makanik

Oct 11, 2014
    Cecil Co. Maryland
    If I need auto parts or need any form of house goodies I go to Oxford. Napa is Napa, but Cameron's is one of the Coolest hardware stores I have ever been to. Very helpful and always have everything I need. I tried Elkton Home and Hardware and I do like it, but can not stand that short stretch of road from Newark/Elkton road to route 40.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I've shopped at the North East Walmart since it opened and I've shopped at all hours and never had an episode with any of these people. Situation awareness is always on my mind when I'm there but I've never run into any trouble...yet.

As far as I can tell this is the best Walmart around, much better than the Elkton one. It's cleaner, better stocked and the people seem almost human some with an occasional smile. Never had to wait very long to have a new cashier aisle open up if traffic got too heavy.

Lakeside seems to be the common denominator with the presence of the lowlife on the prowl.

I live out by the Boy Scout reservation in a community which is difficult to find even for people who have been there before, I hope it stays like that.

I'll second that. Except for a brief stint I've lived in Cecil my whole life, and I've never seen or experienced these actions at either walmart. Of course, I'm not looking for it either, and don't make a parking lot my hangout.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Someone robbed, with a handgun, the convenience store directly across the street from Elkton Police Headquarters. You can't make this stuff up!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Someone robbed, with a handgun, the convenience store directly across the street from Elkton Police Headquarters. You can't make this stuff up!

200 feet away (literally).

I used to take a friend (and co worker) to that shit little store some afternoons, buying "minutes" for his phone or whatever. What a scene, everyone from Booth ST and surrounding slums on foot over there being...... useless.

This guy was masked up good, they'll never get him.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

I used to take a friend (and co worker) to that shit little store some afternoons, buying "minutes" for his phone or whatever. What a scene, everyone from Booth ST and surrounding slums on foot over there being...... useless.

The Deputy that lives down the street had the batteries stolen from all his vehicles but the marked Sherrif vehicle

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    WXCY just reported an arrest in the 300 block of Razor Strap Rd ( Lakeside ). Half a pound of marijuana and 2 home made explosives. Suspect is out on bond..... WTF!!!

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md

From when I worked for the Board of Ed back there in my teens.....it was BOOF St.

;)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

They are getting brazen
    http://www.wboc.com/story/30773153/police-search-for-suspect-after-dunkin-donuts-robbery

He must of cased the joint for hours for no cops to be in there :lol2:

WXCY just reported an arrest in the 300 block of Razor Strap Rd ( Lakeside ). Half a pound of marijuana and 2 home made explosives. Suspect is out on bond..... WTF!!!

Least it was a 25k bail with 10 percent . Maybe they are hoping he makes more bombs and levels Lakeside :D

_JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    I saw on the North East 21901 facebook drama page that a number of the lots that were held by the lakeside rental office were sold off to a state trooper supposedly. If so, hopefully that leads to a cleanup street by street. The just arrested a guy yesterday with two lbs of weed, and two improvised bomb devices in 5 hour energy bottles.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    How come I miss all the fun ? I've never been approached at the NE Walmart, but I have been approached at Walgreens just across Rt. 40.

I must look like I have less money than they have.

finger.jpg

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I saw on the North East 21901 facebook drama page that a number of the lots that were held by the lakeside rental office were sold off to a state trooper supposedly. If so, hopefully that leads to a cleanup street by street. The just arrested a guy yesterday with two lbs of weed, and two improvised bomb devices in 5 hour energy bottles.

:lol:
    BAN 5 Hour Energy Bottles for the children!!!

Never mind..........

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The stabbings have spread to Cecil

2 people stabbed in Hollingsworth Manor (15 minutes ago so no article)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Wife and I had an appointment at the accountant today (West Main St). Holy hookers batman, swear to God there were 3 girls on the track up there for a solid half hour back and forth, back and forth.

I told the receptionist they should put a sign out offering prostitute deals to prepare their 1040EZs. Our financial guy (from Dover) said, "They still out there?, that one girl has been here since 8AM (this was 2pm).

Also heard one got run over up by Landing Lane. Not a peep in the paper about it. There was a single car accident a few months back on Red Toad, dude covered up with sheet on the side of the road, same thing, not a word in the news..... weird.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Wife and I had an appointment at the accountant today (West Main St). Holy hookers batman, swear to God there were 3 girls on the track up there for a solid half hour back and forth, back and forth.

I told the receptionist they should put a sign out offering prostitute deals to prepare their 1040EZs. Our financial guy (from Dover) said, "They still out there?, that one girl has been here since 8AM (this was 2pm).

Also heard one got run over up by Landing Lane. Not a peep in the paper about it. There was a single car accident a few months back on Red Toad, dude covered up with sheet on the side of the road, same thing, not a word in the news..... weird.

The Cecil Rag has the girl hit on Landing Lane , she didn't make it . Yes they hide lots of things here and the paper never does follow ups

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    The Cecil Rag has the girl hit on Landing Lane , she didn't make it . Yes they hide lots of things here and the paper never does follow ups

Do you think they are really trying to hide things, or just don't have the $$$ to really do proper reporting. This is Cecil let's be honest. I have heard we are one of the lowest income counties in the state. I'd like to believe our local papers pretty much suck because it is a poor county. Fact of life.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Do you think they are really trying to hide things, or just don't have the $$$ to really do proper reporting. This is Cecil let's be honest. I have heard we are one of the lowest income counties in the state. I'd like to believe our local papers pretty much suck because it is a poor county. Fact of life.

I am not even sure they have any reporters left in Cecil County. The paper is printed elsewhere, only three days a week, owned by a out of state conglomerate, and I thought I saw a report that they were down to something like 375 paid subscribers. The internet and lack of people who read are killing newspapers everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom