What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I pity this country if President Trump is railroaded out of office. There's going to be a price to be paid.

That may be when we see the Tax Revolt; the National Guard used to enforce bank foreclosures and tax default sales; police and municipal worker "sick outs" following pension fund defaults; independent trucker strikes due to excessive competition from illegal alien drivers; and the general insurrection following ever increasing automation and layoffs caused by the Federal mandatory $15/hr minimum wage.

:shrug:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Revolution is already underway, right under our noses.

They just kept it below the boiling point, so they can win without a hot war, other than minor one-sided skirmishes. Asymmetrical. It just takes a little longer this way, but same result.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    The Revolution is already underway, right under our noses.

They just kept it below the boiling point, so they can win without a hot war, other than minor one-sided skirmishes. Asymmetrical. It just takes a little longer this way, but same result.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace, but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace, but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

People back then valued freedom a lot more than now.

People are bought off by a government that prints money out of thin air but blames the capitalists -- the real driver of wealth -- for whatever goes wrong.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    People back then valued freedom a lot more than now.

Ignorant People are bought off by a government that prints money out of thin air but blames the capitalists -- the real driver of wealth -- for whatever goes wrong.

You continuously make a lot of good points, and especially the above.

I just added a word.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    You continuously make a lot of good points, and especially the above.

I just added a word.

Thanks. And I'll add to yours, that there are a lot of ignorant, yet highly "educated" people. And, then, there's an abundance of over-"educated" idiots, too, who learned to talk a good game from their "educators." Mostly parrots.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    Or...

Conservatives want you to think for yourself.
    Liberals want you to think like them.
    The real problem is that schools have churned out a bunch of educated idiots in the last several years. Gone are the days of academic debate and research. Welcome to the Ministry of Truth boys and girls. Does anyone else feel like we're stuck in 1984?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The real problem is that schools have churned out a bunch of educated idiots in the last several years. Gone are the days of academic debate and research. Welcome to the Ministry of Truth boys and girls. Does anyone else feel like we're stuck in 1984?

You may have just earned yourself a trip to Room 101 with those comments.

Remember.....Big Brother is everywhere.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

More like decades, I'm afraid.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Divide and conquer.

The indoctrination agenda endures unabated.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Back to the original question and breaking point for Revolution (or taking up arms); Here is my list in no particular order:

Mushroom clouds
    Red Dawn scenario
    Martial Law declaration
    Alien invasions (thinking predators, xenomorphs, etc... and Alf)
    Malicious AI (ie. terminators)
    Zombie apocalypse (or name your pandemic)

Probably a good follow up question for members here would be how serious a "prepper" you are? Having guns/ammo and knowing how to use them are one thing; but how well prepared are you for any SHTF scenario?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Stop my retirement check
    Seize my retirement account
    Foreclose without cause on my mortgage

Come for my guns
    Find denizens of downtown coming unbidden to these hills to ply their trade
    Arrest and detain me without cause

Devalue the dollar to the point it's worth nothing
    Foment civil unrest to the point it's out of control
    Fail to keep America safe from mass civil violence

Any true invasion of the homeland
    Martial law (national and extended) without cause
    Replacement of elected officials with puppets

Demonstrated mutiny, sedition, treason by the "ruling" class
    Mass incarceration of innocents

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Stop my retirement check
    Seize my retirement account
    Foreclose without cause on my mortgage

Come for my guns
    Find denizens of downtown coming unbidden to these hills to ply their trade
    Arrest and detain me without cause

Devalue the dollar to the point it's worth nothing
    Foment civil unrest to the point it's out of control
    Fail to keep America safe from mass civil violence

Any true invasion of the homeland
    Martial law (national and extended) without cause
    Replacement of elected officials with puppets

Demonstrated mutiny, sedition, treason by the "ruling" class
    Mass incarceration of innocents

I take it you've read Matt Bracken's "Enemies Foreign and Domestic"?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Does removing President Trump from office for something made up or other political nonsense meet your definition of a breaking point?

Just curious.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What will happen if and when:

1. Mueller's witch hunt reports to America that Trump committed no collusion with Russia, but committed an unrelated illegal act before the election;
    2. The Dems then take the House in 2018 and promptly adopt Articles of Impeachment based on above;
    3. Dems prevent Trump from any further movement on his agenda;
    4. The markets and economy go to Hell, after realization that Trump has been neutered;
    5. Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Paige, Weissmann, Rhee, Ohr, and all the colluders and conspirators are let off the hook. By Jeff Sessions. A la Lois Lerner.
    6. The media and Dems say "We told you so" about Trump, as he lives out 2018-2020 under impeachment cloud. The Republican Establishment is silent like a deer in the headlights, while gloating among themselves and whispering to each other, "We did, too."
    7. The Left rises again, led by the Kamala Harris wing of their Party.
    8. The populist, pro-America MAGA movement, led by Trump, fades into obscurity, while the Left says, "Well, that was an inconvenient interruption of our Marxist agenda. We need to make sure that NEVER happens again. Time to take another whack at that Bill of Rights."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom