• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major03

Ultimate Member
    Given the OP isn't too concerned with making accurate ammo, then no...with today's prices it probably doesn't make sense to reload.

I'll buy your brass though if you want to get rid of some of it and help fund some manufactured ammo...for me it's partly a hobby in and of itself, and partly because I don't do much plinking anymore and like to have as accurate ammo as I can reasonably get. So, the time spent reloading isn't a hassle, it's a "knitting for men" activity for me.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    This is a smart man.^^^^^^

For shooting...now...buy the cheap stuff and blast away.

For the next time you can't afford or worse, can't find ammo...or components...being able to reload and having the proper bits is gonna be PRICELESS.

I think I may take your advice and start stocking up on components now and acquire what I need to start reloading them when or if supply of cheap ammo dries up.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    This is also a great time to develop and log alternative loads for the cartridges you shoot the most. You can pretty much (with a few exceptions) put your hands on any powder you might want at present. As recently as 4 1/2 years ago, you could also walk into a shop and ask for a pound of the more popular powders like H335 or Varget, and watch everybody bust out laughing. Bottom line, it was then about asking for what you might want, and leaving with what you might have been lucky enough to get. And you oftentimes couldn't get the same powder twice.

You can bet on seeing some variation of this same theme again. Not if, but when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom