• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Everyday to work I travel the ICC 200 from Olney to 95
    Has anyone noticed that it's pretty much a death trap... It's like moco pd has there assigned day.... State troopers have there designated day.... MTA police have there day and when you get to laurel side.... Pg County have there designated day to pull people over.... It's insane really.

And the amount of undercover police on 200 is ridiculous too. I've seen it all from Ford 150s to Ford explorers to dodge chargers and crown vic's.

My lady and I always make a bet who we see that day between the 4 different types of police. It had become quite amusing.

Thoughts, comments....

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'm sure you are joking with the departmental assignment days.....you understand that doesn't really happen right.....it's up to the individual officer what he does....

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Interesting. Need to be on the look out for the undercover. Head to Olney 4 days per week. MTA was leading the traffic heading towards 95 @ 5pm tonight. Nasty accident at Georgia and ICC entrance tonight. MoCo patrolling at night with blue lights on the end of the light bar, rolling about 70. I notice there is a lot more traffic on the ICC. Waze is my preferred co-pilot. It seems the police presence is varied.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I travel the ICC frequently. I see MTA cops all the time and a smattering of Mo Co police

Never seen MSP.

that's just me.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I take the ICC every day and rarely ever see police. There's the occasional MTA cop but any MoCo or MSP I've ever seen was just passing through. I've never seen PG on there.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I was told that when they built the ICC the contract stipulated that the private contractor would be paying for police coverage out the the toll money (through reimbursement). Regardless of actual traffic, X officers are assigned to the highway according to the contract.

Anyone hear different?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    When I first drove the ICC, I was amazed at the number of police, mostly MTA. It seems to me though since Hogan lowered the tolls that there are fewer, I see less MTA, and people drive a lot faster.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I take the ICC every day and rarely ever see police. There's the occasional MTA cop but any MoCo or MSP I've ever seen was just passing through. I've never seen PG on there.

When I first drove the ICC, I was amazed at the number of police, mostly MTA. It seems to me though since Hogan lowered the tolls that there are fewer, I see less MTA, and people drive a lot faster.

Pretty much this.

I take it somewhat frequently (at least 1-2 times per week) and in the first few years, it was MTA every 100 yards (or so it felt like). Now though, I rarely see ANY police presence there. Seems like 10MPH over is the norm as well.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    PG is not to patrol or even use the ICC. Your story and its details are suspect.

There really is no need for patrol as the whole thing is automated. They ain't just taking your EZPass money but your time stamped pictures and more.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Pretty much this.

I take it somewhat frequently (at least 1-2 times per week) and in the first few years, it was MTA every 100 yards (or so it felt like). Now though, I rarely see ANY police presence there. Seems like 10MPH over is the norm as well.

They also raised the speed limit after the first couple of years, that definitely helps with the overall speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    PG is not to patrol or even use the ICC. Your story and its details are suspect.

There really is no need for patrol as the whole thing is automated. They ain't just taking your EZPass money but your time stamped pictures and more.

Is this the equivalent of the dreaded Average Speed Camera? :shocked2:

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Ive been seeing more commercial vehicles being pulled over (box trucks, trailers, etc) ... prolly gets them way more revenue than speeding tickets.

Montgomery County even has their own commercial enforcement division now too, in Ford Super Dutys...

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ive been seeing more commercial vehicles being pulled over (box trucks, trailers, etc) ... prolly gets them way more revenue than speeding tickets.

Montgomery County even has their own commercial enforcement division now too, in Ford Super Dutys...

Revenue generation.. right... cops get a check cut end of shift based on tickets written... best kept secret.

Ford Super Duty.... commercial vehicle emforcement... DOT inspectors... a lot of businesses out there running trucks that qualify as commercial but are not licensed, registered, insured as such. The trucks, landscapers especially need ti be mindful, are typically trailering a two axle unit hauling a few 60 inch mowers or a mini x or a bobcat. Overweight is just the start...

Commercial stuff is what lead to some of the heat on historic tags. A single axle dump running historic tags.... hauling a load. That dog won't hunt.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Everyday to work I travel the ICC 200 from Olney to 95
    Has anyone noticed that it's pretty much a death trap... It's like moco pd has there assigned day.... State troopers have there designated day.... MTA police have there day and when you get to laurel side.... Pg County have there designated day to pull people over.... It's insane really.

And the amount of undercover police on 200 is ridiculous too. I've seen it all from Ford 150s to Ford explorers to dodge chargers and crown vic's.

My lady and I always make a bet who we see that day between the 4 different types of police. It had become quite amusing.

Thoughts, comments....

At least the bumped up the speed limit to 60!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom