Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    NATIONS GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND!
    JULY 27 - 29, 2007
    DULLES EXPO CENTER
    CHANTILLY, VA

THE NATIONAL FIREARMS MUSEUM WILL PROUDLY PRESENT TWO
    FAMOUS REVOLVERS CARRIED BY CLINT EASTWOOD'S CHARACTER
    DIRTY HARRY AND PRESIDENT THEODORE ROOSEVELT.

The first revolver starred alongside Clint Eastwood in the 70's films Dirty Harry and Magnum Force. Dirty Harry Callahan held this 6½ inch Model 29 as he confronted the killer and uttered the famous line, "Do ya [feel lucky] punk?" After completion of Dirty Harry and Magnum Force, this revolver was returned to the factory for refinishing. It was then presented to screenwriter John Milius as a gift from Clint Eastwood and Warner Brothers Studios. The second revolver rode with Theodore Roosevelt during his days as a Rough Rider and bears the holster wear from years of service. Roosevelt purchased this 44 caliber New Model No. 3 revolver with factory engraving and checkered walnut grips. One of Theodore Roosevelt's other note-worthy purchases was an NRA Life Membership.

PLUS:

FREE ADMISSION TO THE GUN SHOW
    WHEN YOU JOIN NRA OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
    AND
    $10 OFF THE PRICE OF A 1-YEAR MEMBERSHIP
    Show Times
    Friday, July 27 3 pm - 8 pm
    Saturday, July 28 9 am - 5 pm
    Sunday, July 29 10 am - 5 pm

www.thenationsgunshow.com

For more information about the National Firearms Museum, visit us at:
    www.nationalfirearmsmuseum.org

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Dammit I should have waited to Join the NRA! It's $10 to get in, right?

I'm heading down with a friend on Saturday. First time to a gun show ever!

fergieDSP

May 12, 2006
    any idea if they would have ar-15's there and if they would sell to MD residents? the last time i went to a show in VA all the vendors refused to sell guns to MD residents. their excuse was they didnt like MD so they didnt sell to their residents.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Check the website www.thenationsgunshow.com

My friend looked at the rules last night, apparently no handguns to non-VA residents. He didn't see anything about regulated firearms though... I would check the website for more specific details.

I would imagine getting any guns you couldn't cash-and-carry here in MD would be hard (if not impossible) to obtain.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You can legally purchase any non-regulated long gun from an out of state FFL. Whether the FFLs at the gun show will sell to you is another matter altogether.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    You can legally purchase any non-regulated long gun from an out of state FFL. Whether the FFLs at the gun show will sell to you is another matter altogether.

Requirements to Purchase Firearms from Federally Licensed Dealers

VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Must have two (2) forms of ID with the same exact address. One ID should be a valid VA Driver's License or VA ID Card. The other ID can be a document that proves you are VA resident...a concealed carry permit, a personal check , a vehicle registration, utility bill...you can also use a hunting/fishing license...which ever form of ID you use for your 2nd ID it must have the same exact address as your driver's license. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you.
    NON-VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Can only purchase long guns (rifles and shotguns) and must have the same forms of ID as VA residents. Driver's License from your State of residence and another ID that proves you live in that State. ALL LAWS OF BOTH STATES MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you.

Military Personnel: Must bring a copy of your orders that show VA as your "permanent duty station." Must have your Military ID and your Driver's License from the State you are from.

fergieDSP

May 12, 2006
    Yeah i read all the rules but like i said they wouldnt sell to me and they were for non regulated long guns.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yeah i read all the rules but like i said they wouldnt sell to me and they were for non regulated long guns.

Wow.... no fun :( I hope I won't be disappointed. I'm looking for mags and accessories, no guns. I've heard there are JBT's that like to hassle people with MD tags buying hicap mags (from a guy I used to work with). I'm gonna try to lay as low as possible.

Douglas

Dec 26, 2005
    Arlington, VA
    Requirements to Purchase Firearms from Federally Licensed Dealers

NON-VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Can only purchase long guns (rifles and shotguns) and must have the same forms of ID as VA residents. Driver's License from your State of residence and another ID that proves you live in that State. ALL LAWS OF BOTH STATES MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you.

Good news is that certain long guns bought in VA by MD residents are cash & carry. For example:

Colt HBar (exempt from the list)
    AR-10 (it is NOT a copy of the ar-15 and its not on the list)
    .50 cal rifles

Keep in mind that there is a requirement to prove US citizenship for the first two mentioned. Make sure to bring your US passport or you MD voter registration card.

As for whether certain dealers choose to sell to MD - its their right to refuse service to anyone; don't go telling them - save it for Anapollis since its Annapolis' fault for gun control laws.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Deals on mags are always there. I think USGI Standard AR mags were 13 or 15 a pop. I've got my eyes on another Mosin Nagant, reapplied for my C&R license but cant turn down a good deal on another Russkie gun. Wont get there till around 2ish on Saturday because I work until 1PM. I'll be wearing my "Where the HECK is WALL DRUG!!" shirt with UMaine baseball cap.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There's ammo there if you guys can accept what the current market prices are. I wouldn't characterize anything as "cheap" but most of the stuff was fairly priced comparitive to where things are priced now (well, except for the $90 battle pack of SA 7.62 NATO).

There were actually some good deals to be had on Federal Blue Box .308, Federal Hydrashok 9mm and AR mags ($10!)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    $8.75 for Federal .308 soft point 168 grain....found a bunch of Barnaul 308 for $8.00 (My gun likes this stuff)

Also found some deals on .40s&w and .357mag.

Lots of good quality AR mags from $10 to $15.

It was packed, even at 3:00pm when they opened.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I know this might not be a hot topic, but did you see some rimfire stuff there to mod my Ruger 10/22 rifles there ?

I want to get something there such as mags but i wanna see if its worth it for me ..

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I know this might not be a hot topic, but did you see some rimfire stuff there to mod my Ruger 10/22 rifles there ?

I want to get something there such as mags but i wanna see if its worth it for me ..

I saw some 10/22 trigger groups way in the back. There were some of the conversion kits to add the M4 stocks.

The rimfire custom guys were there from NoVA. The always have a nice selection of the Volquartsen stuff.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

If they told you the reason was "we don't like Maryland" or something along those lines don't worry about it. I think I know who you're talking about and if it's the same place they're total jerks anyway. There's a small number of vendors at any show who are leery about selling long guns to Marylanders but not many. As for the handgun policy that's federal law anyway so not much one can do about that except have a good transfer dealer ready back here.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    lol... maybe you can get the MG-42 kit for the 10/22 I saw in this month`s Shooter`s catalog :rofl:

I`ll be at the show this morning until 12-1pm looking for AR-15 bits. I`ll be wearing jeans, and a black T-shirt that says "I AM A CZ 75 GUY" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom