• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Hello everyone,
    I have a Kel-tec RFB in .308 that I've mounted some iron sights on the rail, but the sight radius is quite short and I now realize this rifle really needs an optical sight. Since I have never used the red dot sights before, can anyone give feedback on the Holosun sights on a semiauto rifle? The Kel-tec is a .308 and the recoil is noticable, maybe because it's a bull pup. The model I'm looking at is the H403C with a green dot. Would this sight hold up on a .308 semi-auto rifle?
    Anyone else have experience with this sight?
    I use this rifle only for recreational shooting, not hunting or competition.
    thanks.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I don’t have this specific sight. I do however have primary arms and sig sights that I believe are made by the same chinese manufacturer and they have held up just fine on everything.

My guess is you would be just fine.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I was at the range last Sunday with a Holosun 510C mounted on my AR. Not a .308 or the particular model Holsun that you are asking about, though I'll offer an opinion anyway...

The Holosun is fantastic. I like it much more that the EOTech 512 that I used to have. The 2 MOA dot (one of the three different reticles) is very sharp and distinct; has very little bleed and centered well @ 100 yards on my dirty Bird red bullseye's downrange. I shot about 180 rounds and it was consistent.

The site came "pre-zeroed" not sure what that actually means but there was minimal windage and elevation adjustments needed; which was good since I didn't bore sight it before I left for the range.

It's a great sight. I'd buy another if needed. :thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    probably the best RD optics for the money, and they make them for a number of other brands, they hold up to recoil as well as any. Still use more "proven" brands like Aimpoint on defensive stuff, not sure how much of an "improvement" the extra couple hundred $ actually results in, but at least on paper it's a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom