• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is great news and hopefully the momentum continues. As a MD resident with W&C, if we want to carry in other states, we still need to get non-resident permits like Utah, to carry in 30 some states. Am I stating that correctly? Thanks.

Correct. Almost nobody recognises a MD permit?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    This is great news and hopefully the momentum continues. As a MD resident with W&C, if we want to carry in other states, we still need to get non-resident permits like Utah, to carry in 30 some states. Am I stating that correctly? Thanks.

According to https://handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf about 23 states recognize a MD permit. This includes several Constitutional Carry states, and there might be a couple more that went CC since the web site was updated. And, Utah does add a few more states, such as Delaware.

Although PA doesn't recognize MD or any non-resident permit, they will issue a non-res PA LTCF (they call it License to Carry Firearms) to anyone who has their home-state permit.

Last edited:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Maryland permit will get you able to carry in 11 or more states (don't have total on finger tips) but Maryland does not honor anyone's permit from any state .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    According to https://handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf about 23 states recognize a MD permit. This includes several Constitutional Carry states, and there might be a couple more that went CC since the web site was updated. And, Utah does add a few more states, such as Delaware.

Although PA doesn't recognize MD or any non-resident permit, they will issue a non-res PA LTCF (they call it License to Carry Firearms) to anyone who has their home-state permit.

Interesting. Didn’t know I could carry in VA on my MD permit.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Interesting. Didn’t know I could carry in VA on my MD permit.

So far! Which means I can make our occasional trips from MD to WV (by way of NoVa) while strapped. I keep getting the feeling that Northam will act to kill that and force me into FOPA mode past Winchester.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Does Maryland issue non-resident permits? Mostly kidding.

Do any “may issue” states offer non-resident permits? More serious.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland issues permits. Citizenship in The People's Republic is not a requirement. There are other requirements but living here is not one

Nobody

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

No, but they will issue a MD permit to a non-resident, if it pleases the crown to do so.

Pretty easy to find the lists online, but yes. For example, CT is may issue, but will issue NR permits. Again, the crown must be pleased with your offering, sacrifice, fealty, etc.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Depends on the word "Offer"

NJ and NYC do not require residency, however that's the least of your issues when applying there. Delaware technically offers one but since they recognize so many other states it's easier just to have a reciprocal permit.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Hearing tomorrow, March 25, 2021, on FOUR separate and slightly different versions of permitless carry in the Texas House.

Not like I haven't had my testimony on this planned since I moved here but prayers for success will be most appreciated.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maryland has Zero * Reciprosity Agreements * . As noted a growing number of state will catagorically recognize * Any * Permit , including that of Maryland .

Maryland doesn't have a Non- Resident Permit per se , because the " Regular " W&C Permits don't require residency . Non Residents have equal opportunity as Residents .

Yes , their are May Issue States that offer Non Resident Permits . A common phenomenon in other state ( of both flavors ) is for Residents to apply and recieve Permits from their respective County or Municipal jurisdiction , and non residents from State Agency .

For many years , it was supposedly easier ( or at least more impartial ) to recieve a Non Resident from Massachusetts , than for most Mass Residents from their home jurisdiction .

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    TN House passes Con Carry 64-29, on to the Gov's desk for signature. Effective 7/1/21.:clap::bannana::bannana:

So maybe this fall we really will get around to finally touring TN a bit. Have blown through it at 75mph on my way wester and souther, but have never hung out, let alone savored any of that famous cuisine. Not having to fret about carrying is butter on those biscuits I keep hearing about.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I still remember a$$hole Frosh proclaiming 'blood in the streets' and 'wild west' when WV went constitutional carry... so far, I have not seen or heard of that happening, but maybe I missed that somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom