• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    That is like being across the street from a bar when it's closing time. I was taught that was a No, No. .

I do remember hearing of at least one stretch where some dept was waiting outside the bars in VA and hitting people with drunk in public literally as they walked down the sidewalks out front.

Not saying such a thing was common. I'm pretty sure it wasn't, and I think they ended up getting into some trouble over it, or there were at least some formal complaints. Still, point is, I've heard of crazier things.

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    Using the words reasonable and MD in the same post is dicey at best.

Good luck

Sir, you are arguing about "reasonable person".

We are arguing about THE LAW. Do you think that "law" around here is written and passed by "reasonable people"?

Now off to jail with you!

Apr 3, 2017
    Here is the AG opinion on FOPA and travel. SA's use AG opinions for guidance on decisions on whether to prosecute or not.

It might not be in a statute but might carry weight for prosecutorial decisions.

I agree the law needs clarification but asking the MGA for clarification could result in the opposite happening and the statute becomes even more restrictive.

Remember this is MD.

My interpretation: In Maryland, it is illegal to stop for a biobreak. Unless, of course, you take the guns in the bathroom with you.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well then according to the statute you were on your way to the bathroom .

A clear violation

No, I was on my way to a designated range for target practice and I ensured my handgun was unloaded and cased during transportation.

I ensure I only urinate in a designated bathroom, don’t piss on the seat and keep my junk in my pants until it is safe to do otherwise.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    if one could produce some evidence, I would think you would have a good case for entrapment.

Entrapment? Did the officer entice or somehow trick the guy, just by being at the range? Do you know the elements of the crime...?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Please stop and take a breath. Re-read my post. You have taken those lines out of context. People have stated in this forum that law enforcement is stalking gun ranges with the purpose of popping gun owners. I don't believe that to be the case personally. But you would have to produce some sort of evidence to prove that was the case.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Middleman

Sep 25, 2020
    I think it's apples and oranges. MSP may have been clarifying your particular restrictions to carry a concealed weapon using your permit under § 5-307, but they are in no position to "interpret" what 4-203(b)(3-9) means regarding transit and stops.

In reading further, 4-203(b)(4) and (5) never state that you must begin or end your trip at home. In essence, 4-203(b)(5) is almost giving people with a "Designated Collector" or even a C&R FFL a free pass to carry an unloaded handgun anywhere as long as that individual has part of his/her collection with them to carry "from place to place" for a private showing. So always keep two unloaded guns in your car. :D

I also am not a lawyer.
    So this is what I’m wondering. In may we will be doing a mini tour of the shore finishing with a day of shooting at the family property outside of Berlin so as a designated collector I should be able to take my pistols with me as part of the plan is to show them to fsa during friends along the way.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So this is what I’m wondering. In may we will be doing a mini tour of the shore finishing with a day of shooting at the family property outside of Berlin so as a designated collector I should be able to take my pistols with me as part of the plan is to show them to fsa during friends along the way.

NO,

The designated collector letter in no way, shape, or form makes you bona fide collector with regards to 4-203(b)(5). All it dos it permit you to purchase regulated firearms and not have to worry about the 30 day wait between purchases.

A C&R license, likewise, does not confer that you are a bona fide collector with regards to 4-203(b)(5).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    NO,

The designated collector letter in no way, shape, or form makes you bona fide collector with regards to 4-203(b)(5). All it dos it permit you to purchase regulated firearms and not have to worry about the 30 day wait between purchases.

A C&R license, likewise, does not confer that you are a bona fide collector with regards to 4-203(b)(5).

This.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    At times this forum really bothers me..........

No instructor should be interpreting law unless they are a
    lawyer in Maryland, instead they should just be making students aware of the laws.

Speaking of, Md law does give police the right to conduct a limited search if they suspect an individual to have a firearm. Sorry, can't remember the code number.

I have other things to say but they would fall upon deaf ears.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom