• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    confiscation will not happen, if they can't deport 11-20 million illegal immigrants no way can they take the weapons

Confiscation doesn't have to happen overnight. If you can't take it to a range, use for self defense, or transfer to offspring without facing a felony and jail time, they just neutered us.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    There is no appeasement. They want everything, not just firearms. It's not about the firearms or protecting us, it's about control and protecting their power.

Joe Marino

Feb 15, 2019
    You can bet what will be on the next Legislative session here in MD. And don’t expect ole Larry to go to bat for gun ownership.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    They want a 100% monopoly on the ability to commit violence. They will take any step toward that end that we allow them to take.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I think it's a step-by-step process. The anti-gun people want them all but are generally pragmatic enough to "compromise" and accept less...such as "assault"weapon bans or requiring them to stay at gun clubs as suggested. Then they will continually go for more and more thorough laws to gradually either confiscate or require destruction of privately owned firearms of all kinds. Every time another mass killing take place by someone with a firearm not turned in there will be more calls for further restrictions ultimately leading to eradication of all other than those owned by criminals.

The political left wants us to "compromise" away all of our rights.

This. It is a step by step decent into hell. After every ban, the next mass shooting gives them the political ammunition to take a little more. And once taken, it is seldom returned.

Someone on here said "the Antis only have to win once, we have to win over and over again"

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Gillibrand is calling for "assault weapon buybacks" with felony charges for WNC! No grandfathering. Expect that to gain momentum.

I know a wide variety of peeps. I dig down to discuss people's real feelings. The left is characterized as a monolithic Plague of gun grabbers. The Far right is viewed as paranoid with stacks of Ammo and Black Rifles awaiting shootouts with Local Police and the Army. Both views seem on the fringe.

Anti Gun people, especially females, are scarred to death of high capacity magazine rifles and pistols in the hands of psychos and gang banging teenyboppers. Blame the media if you like. Hunting rifles and shotguns are acceptable and maybe sneak revolvers in there.

Progunners are divided between hobbyists who like to shoot and others armed with the rifles mentioned above. Both are vastly out numbered with an NRA weakened by greed and a Congress which not impressed at the ongoing quantifiable outcome of psychos with Hi Cap Magazines.

Complicated issue for the Congress and Courts to deal with as they have for decades. The shooting at the OK Corral ended up in a bloodbath over a local ordnance concerning carrying firearms in public.

Joe Marino

Feb 15, 2019
    Lets ne realistic. The Fed controls out lives. Retired military get pensions, people receive Social Security, Medicare....all the Fed has To do is threaten to cut off your benefits if you don t' compy. If you have à wife and family what are going To do ?

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Lets ne realistic. The Fed controls out lives. Retired military get pensions, people receive Social Security, Medicare....all the Fed has To do is threaten to cut off your benefits if you don t' compy. If you have à wife and family what are going To do ?

Realistic? My grandparents lived on the farm and when the great depression hit, they took no note of it! The feds only have control if people view themselves as being so weak they have to submit.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My grandparents lived on the farm and when the great depression hit, they took no note of it!

And since that time, the number of non-farmers in the country has exploded, while the number of actual farmers has gone down. How many people do you think are in a position to "take no note" of having nothing with which to buy food or energy? Pretty much all of the country's 300+ million people. They can't "not take note" for longer than their supplies hold out. For some of us, that's quite a while, for others, it's through the weekend.

The feds only have control if people view themselves as being so weak they have to submit.

Viewing yourself as having a meal when you don't actually have one won't feed you.

confiscation will not happen, if they can't deport 11-20 million illegal immigrants no way can they take the weapons

There are many methods of confiscation. And I'd be willing to bet they can compel a whole lot of people to turn in their firearms and I'll tell you how. With the exception of home builds and 80% they can find out what you have. Even if it takes mining FFL logs to get the information. They will pass a law banning the possession of your rifle and they will give you a x number of days or weeks to turned into the local police agency. When you refuse they will simply give your name to the IRS who will in turn contact your employer or the holder of your retirement funds and order them to withhold all payment until you turn in your firearms. They will literally attempt to starve you into submission. For me it would be the trigger of civil unrest but for many people including some here they will comply either with the original order or when they find out their money is being withheld. They don't have to come door-to-door to collect your guns all they need to do is withhold your money

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Tbh I dont even think you'd need to raise an army to fight the gun grabbers. If large enough countrywide work strike went into place until the constitutional second amendment were reinstated or gun ban lifted it would certainly work. Though the number of people who would have to participate would need to be quite high. Its a simple non violent method that would work.

Much like a walk out. You can't suspend the entire school.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I know some not all anti 2a want a complete gun confiscation. But the ones that do what exactly do they want? Our current system with no “assault rifles”? Or a British style where guns are kept at a gun club? It seems on Twitter that people want to take the guns away but didn’t think it through.

the couple of proposed bills i've seen didn't leave much to the imagination - ban and no grandfather clause.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    There are many methods of confiscation. And I'd be willing to bet they can compel a whole lot of people to turn in their firearms and I'll tell you how. With the exception of home builds and 80% they can find out what you have. Even if it takes mining FFL logs to get the information. They will pass a law banning the possession of your rifle and they will give you a x number of days or weeks to turned into the local police agency. When you refuse they will simply give your name to the IRS who will in turn contact your employer or the holder of your retirement funds and order them to withhold all payment until you turn in your firearms. They will literally attempt to starve you into submission. For me it would be the trigger of civil unrest but for many people including some here they will comply either with the original order or when they find out their money is being withheld. They don't have to come door-to-door to collect your guns all they need to do is withhold your money

Agreed. They can also cut off your power, water, gas,and suspend driver's license and tags. They don't have to kick in any doors.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    that's not how they're going to do it. They will use the IRS as a weapon and withhold your money from your bank accounts and your employers until you comply
    You are all thinking the government is all powerful and totally against you. If they tried to use the IRS against US citizens I guarantee within a short time someone in government would drop a database of the names of all IRS employees and their home addresses on a public forum. There are plenty of things that could freeze the government from doing anything. Maybe in an older society where the government can control the media and make law- enforcement and the military believe some of their lies it could have happened. But not today. Even Russia and China can't keep their people from finding out the truth. And remember law enforcement and military are mostly gun owners also.
    They might be really surprised that what they want to do won't actually work. Buybacks have not worked in Australia and New Zealand either although the left would like us all to believe they do. And NZ is trying to buy them back at almost full price. 1.5M firearms in NZ and only 10k and parts turned in. No one is willing to trust the government to protect them if they do turn them in.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Firstly it is pretty easy to deport 80% to 90% of illegal aliens there is no political will to do so. and if deported they can just come back, you don get imprisoned for being here illegally.

With guns bans they just need to imprison a small percentage each year as an example. People are not going to want to lose all rights to firearms to keep their AR.

I know a very large number of DC gun owners ALL of them think the 10 round mag ban is asinine, unconstitutional and illegitimate -- but none of them are dumb enough to risk their gun ownership in DC to have or carry a 12 or 15 round mag.

They probably would be able to get a LOT of people during divorce or custody fights. Plenty of people who have been totally in love, a year or tow later can be filled with hate and have divorce fights where every means is deployed for leverage.
    Confiscation will never work. Just look at the shootout in Philadelphia last night, imagine that times 1000 and all over the country.
    how so? that was a petty criminal drug dealer. Those are not the targets of the proposed bans. That is literally the opposite demographic.
    Tbh I dont even think you'd need to raise an army to fight the gun grabbers. If large enough countrywide work strike went into place until the constitutional second amendment were reinstated or gun ban lifted it would certainly work. Though the number of people who would have to participate would need to be quite high. Its a simple non violent method that would work. Much like a walk out. You can't suspend the entire school.
    This isn't Europe where interest groups strike since Lysistrata.
    Most anti people are ignorant, but well intentioned. TV tells them that the AR-15 is super evil so it must be banned. They stop thinking about consequences, because they believe a ban would be an reasonable solution to end gun violence.

The other antis know the crime statistics and AR's have very little impact on gun deaths. However they will ban ARs first because they can get the moderate voters on the ban-wagon. When that has zero impact, move to all semi-auto rifles. When that does not work ban handguns.

Anyone honest about gun safety would focus on suicide prevention and keeping violent felons off the street.
    The antis are a tiny group of professionals. I think you mean the hoi polloi who will think the way the media and social media instruct them to think.

As far as suicide, you have succumbed to a bit of FUD yourself. We know for a fact from Australia that suicide just moved to other means, half still detected and half newly undetected and classified as accidental because non gun suicide is subject to large under-counts. so we actually have a massive experiment on literally cutting firearms access in half in an entire nation in the space of a few months whihc showed guns to cause or increase rate of suicide one iota. "Accidental" self caused death by asphyxia in Australia rose 300% immediately following mass gun confiscation there.

Do we think:
    a) suicide did not decrease but just moved to other methods in a "substitution effect" the peer reviewed science shows occurs if you remove one method; or,
    b) Australia just happened to become lethally clumsier, asphyxiating themselves by accident, falling off of buildings by accident at suddenly higher rates right after gun confiscation in a bizarre coincidence?
    https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/he...ustralias-suicide-epidemic-20090820-es3p.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom