• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The reality is the other law enforcement entities want to usurp the sheriffs power and try to claim the title of top dog (the chief LEO).

They can't constitutionally. All need the Sheriff's consent to operate within the sheriff's jurisdiction. There are inter agency agreements made long ago, that people forget about.

The problem lies in that they are funded by county/city council so even if they should be beholden to the citizens, they are still very much beholden to council members.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    What of this news of Sheriff's being the primary LEO and saying they intend to defend our constitutional rights.??.

I support them in spirit and intent but have also been doing a bit of research on the legal side of it, the historical comparisons, and human nature aspects -and looking at the reality of our mostly zombie culture. I'm thrilled to have their promise of support and give them support but I agree with many commentaries that it does not look good for us being able vote our way out of this trend into tyranny.

What do you say about the reality of the Sheriffs stated positions?

Constitutional Oath of Office. For the Sheriff to allow anyone or anything to violate the rights of his boss, We the People, is a dereliction of duty of the highest order. The Sheriff is an autonomous Peace Officer whose duty to the Citizens through the Constitution is his Supreme Duty and Responsibility.

Sheriff's are mostly duely elected officials, Not appointed. Authority is from
    Supremacy Clause. The Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution ( Article VI, Clause 2) establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land. It provides that state courts are bound by the supreme .

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    Liberty State

Take a look at this map. What you have said is a common talking point of the left. The blue states provide more federal revenue and the red states take more of that revenue. Thing is, I think the money might be moving out away from the traditionally blue states. New York State is seeing a loss of about 30% of its revenue this year because the big money makers are leaving the state.

https://www.howmoneywalks.com/irs-tax-migration/

Maryland isn't fairing much better.

Then, you also have to take into account how state and local taxes play a part in all of this. Maryland's state and local income tax rate is between 8 and 9%. New York State is around 12%.

I think the data needs to be delved into a little further as to which states are receiving federal money. For instance, under the old tax code, the federal government was actually subsidizing blue states with the state and local income tax deduction. People in those states actually received a deduction for what they paid in state and local income taxes, and the deductions were huge. Now that it has been limited to $10,000, people in Maryland, New York, New Jersey, California, etc. are really feeling it. Those states are feeling it too with the amount of money leaving the state.

We can talk more about this in person when it is easier to provide examples wherein somebody is making $1,000,000+ and how much more tax sense it makes nowadays to relocate to Florida, Wyoming, Alaska, etc.

With regards to requirements of forming up a new State... Look at this.. https://libertystate.org/news/

Looks like it has the all the elements needed for success.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hmmm get the counties in the western part of MD to do the same thing that CC did and im sure some eastern shore counties would do the same as well and present it to the MGA and tell them to go pound sand.. Question here can the local Sheriff restrict the MSP of police powers in their counties? and or if a person is caring a firearms for self defense do they have the discretion not to arrest the person for not having a permission slip from said mga via msp for their failure to obey the US Constitution and start arresting MSP officers for violating a person's civil rights where MGA would have to take notice if 7 or 8 counties started to arrest MSP officers and or their chain of command?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Hmmm get the counties in the western part of MD to do the same thing that CC did and im sure some eastern shore counties would do the same as well and present it to the MGA and tell them to go pound sand.. Question here can the local Sheriff restrict the MSP of police powers in their counties? and or if a person is caring a firearms for self defense do they have the discretion not to arrest the person for not having a permission slip from said mga via msp for their failure to obey the US Constitution and start arresting MSP officers for violating a person's civil rights where MGA would have to take notice if 7 or 8 counties started to arrest MSP officers and or their chain of command?

Yeah...that's going to happen.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah...that's going to happen.

Hey one can dream and or hope but it would take some work for the western counties and the ones on the eastern shore, a couple come to mind especially the one with Sheriff Mike in it and or hmm i just thought of something, those demorats in the mga who want to take away our rights , well what if they made a reservation in OC and the hotel and or motel refused them a room due to the way they voted to strip us the oversight of msa.. I know that will never happen but hey if we get the word out who knows???

Feb 27, 2019
    Martinsburg, WVa
    Hey one can dream and or hope but it would take some work for the western counties and the ones on the eastern shore, a couple come to mind especially the one with Sheriff Mike in it and or hmm i just thought of something, those demorats in the mga who want to take away our rights , well what if they made a reservation in OC and the hotel and or motel refused them a room due to the way they voted to strip us the oversight of msa.. I know that will never happen but hey if we get the word out who knows???
    Doug, I like the way you think. I was an RSO at Hap Baker in CC for several years. It got so screwed up that we pretty much all quit at the same time. I miss the shooters but NOT the county powers that be. I finally gave up and moved to WVa. My drivers license is my concealed carry permit. What a big difference.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Driving to Martinsburg this weekend to take a look around and see what is their.. Need bus service for my wife who does not drive...Also what say the rest of you who is willing to send a e mail and or make phone calls to the hotels and or motels their in OC about the DemoRats in the MGA and see how friendly they are twords 2a and or against 2a rights. If about 3 or 4 of us willing to compile a e mail list and or willing to speak to the manager about the RATS in the MGA. I know its a huge undertaking but its one way of getting our point across to them how unhappy we are with them...

PS here is a list of hotels and motels in Ocean City i was able to find... ::::https://chamber.oceancity.org/list/category/accommodations-hotels-motels-138:::

Feb 27, 2019
    Martinsburg, WVa
    Hello again Doug,
    If you need to speak to realtor let me reccomend Doreane Mosser. She was great formy wife and I.
    Her number is 304-261-1089. Let her know that Michael & Patty Bailey referred her. Good luck Brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom