Sheriff Mike Lewis: “We will not comply”.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was in the overflow room when the Sheriff's came in and gave this speech. There were a few MDA ladies sitting at the table right next to where the Sheriff's were standing. The looks on thier faces were priceless, especially with everyone standing and cheering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That was freakin' awesome! And the best part was that Guzzling Liz was sitting right behind me looking like she wanted to curl up under a rock, lol.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Just listened to Sheriff Mike during pre construction safety meeting with a whole crew. Couldn’t have asked for better timing. It was Like having a guest speaker for leadership on the job-site.
    All the locals are behind him and we’re in Sussex county! Everybody knows him and he’s their Sheriff now on the shore.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Do I see Chuck Jenkins in the video also? So glad he is the Sherriff in the county I live in.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    The NRA Whisperers told us what to do”...yeah, that’s the ticket!

Makes me think that the Lobster Backs don't pay as much attention to what's posted on this board as what has been suspected. Otherwise, she would have known what drove yesterday's activities.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    AFAIK, the Sherrifs may not comply, but MSP has oversight and can enforce the laws in all counties of Maryland whether the Sheriff likes it or not.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    AFAIK, the Sherrifs may not comply, but MSP has oversight and can enforce the laws in all counties of Maryland whether the Sheriff likes it or not.

MSP doesn't want this hot potato!

Not sure of the laws about which has more authority but, since the sheriff is an elected official, I believe he has the higher authority within his jurisdiction. Maybe someone on here could clarify that?

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    MSP doesn't want this hot potato!

Not sure of the laws about which has more authority but, since the sheriff is an elected official, I believe he has the higher authority within his jurisdiction. Maybe someone on here could clarify that?

MSP has jurisdiction of all of Maryland, a Sherriff only has jurisdiction of his county.

There's nothing legally stopping MSP from going into Wicomico county or other counties and enforcing laws. It's similar to how ICE operates in sanctuary cities.

Local police will not enforce or comply with federal immigration laws and harbor illegals but there is nothing stopping ICE from going into those jurisdictions and enforcing federal immigration law.

Remember the MSP Superintendent answers to the governor, and the Governor is the highest elected executive of the state. After Hogan, there will be a Democrat that much I can guarantee you.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Since the MSP is a major infringer, with their ad hoc creation of "laws" regarding G&S, it's only fair that they put their asses on the line to confiscate suddenly-"illegal" firearms.

Don't shoot the Sheriff.
    (Where's Bob Marley when we need him?)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The common denominator of the "your doing it wrong" crowd is that nobody has any useful suggestions.

It took balls for people to come down, put on a shirt that says "we will not comply", then stand in a committee room and give the enemy their names. That is a lot different than what we have done in the past. It reached the ears of our friendly legislators and a few (more to come tomorrow, supposedly) Sheriffs came to stand in solidarity.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It is my view that people with a common cause (2A) can boost each other up with a public stance that "says we got your back".

Wicomico Sheriff Mike Lewis and the other sheriffs gathered at the House Building spent the whole day in defense of the 2nd Amendment, yet the sea of WWNC shirts (to me) was the spark that encouraged Sheriff Lewis and his colleagues to step up with the most unusual public declaration I have every seen in my years of Gun Bill Days in Annapolis.

We witnessed elected law enforcement public officials announcing, with cameras rolling, that they WOULD NOT ENFORCE MARYLAND'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL INFRINGEMENT SCHEMES.

Yesterday was an historic day in Maryland!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom