• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Psychos killing at Walmarts and Elementary Schools raise reasonable fear from Soccer Moms far and wide in the USA. Try blaming them first and you may see where the anti gunners logic begins. An AR 15 made Sandy Hook the beginning of paranoia - which is fear real or imagined. Moms afraid of losing a kid to a nut job is imagined? Maybe not at all. Stripping guns away from all of us except Urban Gangs- well, that seems a pretty imaginary outcome. That said, the days of buying AR15s may be coming to an end. We will have to hold off those Urban gangs with our Winchester lever actions...

The hilarious thing is....mom's (and dads) are more the cause of mass shooters than the availability of weapons. If Daddy was present, or if mommy didn't spend every day in a wine and Xanax induced coma, there wouldn't be as many mass shooters.

Mom Demand Attention and their ilk is just further example of the lack of personal responsibility in this country. Easier to blame the gun than look in the mirror.

brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    I had to google Gary Willis, so I guess I lost. However I am vaguely familiar with the rotten outcome of the unjust case, but the man’s name escaped me. I don’t think an 80% would have saved him because LEO weren’t coming for what they didn’t know what existed. They were coming for what was on the books

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Most firearms have a trail. All the government needs to do is demand all FFLs turn over their logs. With the exception of 80: percents and some older guns they can find out who bought what..while it's possible that the original owner may not still have it, that's not going to stop the feds from coming after who's name it's still listed to.

With FTF sales, how are they going to do that??????

I sold most of mine. Bill of sale? Not legally required.

Some others, I guess I will have to give up.

But realize, that gov that people expect to do this, is made of PEOPLE. Many of whom will NOT support something like this.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I think it's a step-by-step process. The anti-gun people want them all but are generally pragmatic enough to "compromise" and accept less...such as "assault"weapon bans or requiring them to stay at gun clubs as suggested. Then they will continually go for more and more thorough laws to gradually either confiscate or require destruction of privately owned firearms of all kinds. Every time another mass killing take place by someone with a firearm not turned in there will be more calls for further restrictions ultimately leading to eradication of all other than those owned by criminals.
    The political left wants us to "compromise" away all of our rights.

It’s called incrementalism, and when you point this out to a leftist, you get ridiculed and called paranoid.

"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
    Saul Alinsky

We are on borrowed time. I won’t be alive but within 25 years owning a firearm will be almost impossible.

I believe that we are living in a golden age of firearm ownership, and at the rate that we are going, I’m afraid that Joe may be spot on.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    The hilarious thing is....mom's (and dads) are more the cause of mass shooters than the availability of weapons. If Daddy was present, or if mommy didn't spend every day in a wine and Xanax induced coma, there wouldn't be as many mass shooters.

Mom Demand Attention and their ilk is just further example of the lack of personal responsibility in this country. Easier to blame the gun than look in the mirror.

Recent Mass murderers use an AR15 or AK 47 plus extended magazines. They tend to be young White Males with twisted racial theories. Blame the shooter, but remember that with a Semi Auto or lever action hunting rifle he could not change magazines easily or get the 30 round capacity. So I blame the shooter, and the obvious choice of weaponry from Vegas to Pittsburg- the AR being a superior weapon for lethality and accuracy. I think they will be legislated to Firearms Heaven.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I had to google Gary Willis, so I guess I lost. However I am vaguely familiar with the rotten outcome of the unjust case, but the man’s name escaped me. I don’t think an 80% would have saved him because LEO weren’t coming for what they didn’t know what existed. They were coming for what was on the books

Willis had no case! Willis had no due process. More than likely they came with a list of every firearm he ever registered and somehow had his life taken over “these” guns. Live to fight another day or be a martyr as you imply, good luck with that.

This idea is explained in several threads and I do not mean to be rude in any way it’s just that there are several thought process’ here and you are trumpeting yours as the only true religion. That’s fine and many may agree with you, hopefully you will understand people have a right to chose. No offense meant, we are in this together.

With FTF sales, how are they going to do that??????

I sold most of mine. Bill of sale? Not legally required.

Some others, I guess I will have to give up.

But realize, that gov that people expect to do this, is made of PEOPLE. Many of whom will NOT support something like this.

Not legally required but if you think that is going to stop the government from trying to get them from you you're mistaken.

Give up?? How about fighting back...

brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    I don’t find you rude. I think that the incorrect emotion can be read into written language when that was not the intent. Believe me I not looking to be a martyr. I do get the 80% projects for ALL the reasons. My confusion is, correct me if I misunderstand, is that the 80% is what is left after the guns on the books are confiscated. I just don’t understand how the remaining 80%ers are going to be helpful if we are not willing to resist while we have everything else. Not looking for a war... war is hell. I just. Seems to me that I we allow confiscations we lose by attrition. No hard feelings. Just wanted a rational debate To see where everyone ‘s thoughts are.and I agree We need to hang together or else we hang separately.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I think that a bigger threat to the system/swamp (and some in power have already begun to realize it) is not liberty loving patriots with AR-15s... it's the MILLIONS of scoped high-powered hunting rifles out there (true high-powered rifles, not the varmint calibers ones that get the press so worked up). Mark my words, these will all be demonized as "sniper rifles" in the very near future and will be the next big push for registration and confiscation once they've gotten traction on semi-autos. Maybe the rifles, maybe the optics... perhaps both.

If the war over liberty ever turns hot, only a small amount of resistance will be face to face, squad to squad encounters with "assault rifles"... the majority of the action will be in the 500-700 yard range, with single shot and walk away tactics. The American hunter who thinks that they are safe because they neither want nor need an AR-15/AK-47... just wait. Your bolt action Remingtons are next on the list. I guarantee that your 3-9x scope will soon be a "weapon of war".

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I guess a year ago Yeager had a video where he said, “if they come for your guns and are not convinced they got them they will tie you to a chair and cut parts off your body until you hand them over.”

Glad I don’t own guns!

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    Was listening to the radio. Guy got mad that people say “it’s not the guy it’s the shooter”. He then used the analogy that you can’t blame the addict you need to blame the drugs. I think this a dumb argument. You already made the drugs illegal and people still use them to ruin lives.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Psychos killing at Walmarts and Elementary Schools raise reasonable fear from Soccer Moms far and wide in the USA. Try blaming them first and you may see where the anti gunners logic begins. An AR 15 made Sandy Hook the beginning of paranoia - which is fear real or imagined. Moms afraid of losing a kid to a nut job is imagined? Maybe not at all. Stripping guns away from all of us except Urban Gangs- well, that seems a pretty imaginary outcome. That said, the days of buying AR15s may be coming to an end. We will have to hold off those Urban gangs with our Winchester lever actions...

To be fair, more people are killed by hammers every year than by any rifle. Suburb mom’s kids are far more likely to get tagged on a weekend excursion into Baltimore than they are visiting a suburban Walmart.

The problem is we’re dealing with a media manufactured fear while real concerns, like 6x felons easily procuring firearms and running amuck due to lax prosecution are ignored. I don’t know how we’ll ever turn the tide when all of the major media outlets are pushing the same spin job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    200 Democrats and 1 Republican (Peter King of New York) have said that they will support the House bill to ban semiautomatic rifles ("assault weapons") and standard capacity mags. I bet most of these folks would similarly seek to ban semiautomatic pistols if it were not for Heller.

218 needed to pass, and they're probably pretty close because not all likely supporters have publicly stated their position on the bill in question.

For example ...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...0190819-fnrwfheu3rgplbyo45no3q7soa-story.html

Some other Republicans who have not signed on but have expressed support for the ban include Florida Rep. Brian Mast, who came out in favor of a ban after the Parkland High School slaughter last year, and Ohio Rep. Mike Turner, who said he supports one after the massacre in his Dayton district.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    200 Democrats and 1 Republican (Peter King of New York) have said that they will support the House bill to ban semiautomatic rifles ("assault weapons") and standard capacity mags. I bet most of these folks would similarly seek to ban semiautomatic pistols if it were not for Heller.

218 needed to pass, and they're probably pretty close because not all likely supporters have publicly stated their position on the bill in question.

For example ...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...0190819-fnrwfheu3rgplbyo45no3q7soa-story.html

A solution desperately seeking a problem.

If this gets legs, a lot of fools will be looking for positions in the K Street lobbying industry in 2021.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    To be fair, more people are killed by hammers every year than by any rifle. Suburb mom’s kids are far more likely to get tagged on a weekend excursion into Baltimore than they are visiting a suburban Walmart.

The problem is we’re dealing with a media manufactured fear while real concerns, like 6x felons easily procuring firearms and running amuck due to lax prosecution are ignored. I don’t know how we’ll ever turn the tide when all of the major media outlets are pushing the same spin job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thinking. Yet Chicago's gang wars have body counts beyond that of the White Stay at Home Wall Mart Synagogue Killers and combat casualties in Afghanistan. Throw in Hammers and auto accidents if you want, but dead kids and angry moms cannot be ignored. Moms are organized and angry. Gun owners are mostly angry, disorganized and increasingly politically impotent. The posts I see from Gun owners who believe this is a Democrat conspiracy to disarm most of America, except for Urban Gang Bangers, border on Paranoia.

Congress may ban all FTF sales of firearms to get at the 6X felons. Anyway, the NRA has lost wide support and respect from the public.

I predict the demise of the AR 15 and AK 47 in private hands. The political momentum has shifted.

Joe Marino

Feb 15, 2019
    Before the IRS, Social Security, State taxes it would have been impossible to confiscate guns. Lose my military pension, Social Security, health care or turn in my guns....what would you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom