• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    This thread will be used for discussion of the meeting of the Handgun Permit Review Board(HPRB) on August 19, 2019.

DPSCS website link below. This link will be updated to reflect a change of meeting status or possible change of venue. Future meeting dates, time, and the location of the meeting is posted on the DPSCS HPRB website.

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

As of July 8th, 2019 the Handgun Permit Review Board meets at The Fifth Regiment Armory, 219 29th Division Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Meetings are scheduled to begin at 6:00 pm.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/J...hUKEwjb59bjx_7jAhVln-AKHV1qBKgQ_BIwCnoECAoQCA

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    People outside the DoD and those with sensitive jobs don't understand life. Imagine if it were a city person who needed protection from a druggie that thinks they snitched. You don't want the Capital Gazette or Baltimore Sun to list the Name, address, and issue discussed. It's like they want people killed. It keeps them employed. Bleeds it reads.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Also where in the rule book gives his honor the authority saying only 3 out of 5 members need to attend? That is not right in my book at all! I think the full 5 should be their. What is he afraid of that 2 members will not agree with him and vote against him????Also what constitution has priority over the other, The US Constitution first or the MD one first? If the US Constitution trumps the MD one, then he is breaking his oath of office in regards to 2A rights when people show a "palatable need" as stated in Woollard vs Gallagher "At the same time that it reduces the number of handguns
    carried in public, however, the good-and-substantial-reason
    requirement ensures that those persons in palpable need of
    self-protection can arm themselves in public places where
    Maryland’s various permit exceptions do not apply."

The word"Palpable" from Merriam Websterpalpable adjective pal·​pa·​ble | \ ˈpal-pə-bəl \

Definition of palpable

1 : capable of being touched or felt : tangible palpable lymph nodes

2 : easily perceptible : noticeable a palpable difference The attraction between them was palpable.

3 : easily perceptible by the mind : manifest

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    I got my unrestricted last week. I went to dinner with the family last night, and it was nice to not have to wonder if law enforcement would believe I was doing business.
    I was going to attend tonight, but I predict that they will only have several hearings, as many would have been business owners trying to get the restrictions lifted.

It would seem sensible to contact additional appellants (non-business owners), to fill in vacated slots, but I doubt that they did that.
    I will be checking to updates, to see if the procedures are a bit different tonight, due to the Open Meeting Act violation complaint.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I think Monday's meeting was a lil' short on MDS attendees...

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I think Monday's meeting was a lil' short on MDS attendees...

I guess the rule change made it a lot less interesting. I'm not criticizing anyone for not bothering to go anymore - I appreciate the reports they provided and taking the time to go. I wonder if the MOMS gave up too since this was really all about business permits.

There are still a few of us out there who got denied on non business permits that have appeals coming up

The reporting will be missed.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Also where in the rule book gives his honor the authority saying only 3 out of 5 members need to attend?

He's a judge. Judges think that because their word is law in a court room they are God Almighty and can therefore make up the rules wherever they are. All he needs is his powdered wig.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I guess the rule change made it a lot less interesting. I'm not criticizing anyone for not bothering to go anymore - I appreciate the reports they provided and taking the time to go. I wonder if the MOMS gave up too since this was really all about business permits.

There are still a few of us out there who got denied on non business permits that have appeals coming up

The reporting will be missed.

The change in location made a BIG impact. I for one wouldn't go unless I could carry, and I don't feature doing Baltimore during the evening rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom