• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Filled out the contact form on whitehouse.gov and ended with remember Bush "Read My Lips" that cost him the election.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Appeasement never works. It only delays and puts those wishing to take people's rights away in a stronger negotiating position when they come back the next time to take more. And they will. I don't know why it is so hard for people to figure out that lesson. No, there should be no trades on anything.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Don’t worry guys and gals. Orange Man said we were going to “cherish the Second Amendment”, when it was running for office.

I think what we're going to see is, like always, he's going to do what's best for his own personal goals. Hopefully he'll see that he cannot possibly win the next election if he alienates so much of his base. But then again he issued a completely bogus executive order against bump fire stocks, and the gun comunity seems to have forgotten about that already. His advisers may be figuring he can win again even if he supports some more gun control, because there was so little complaining done about the bump fire stock order, and whatever marxist being proposed by the Democrats will be such an awful alternative.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    I think what we're going to see is, like always, he's going to do what's best for his own personal goals. Hopefully he'll see that he cannot possibly win the next election if he alienates so much of his base. But then again he issued a completely bogus executive order against bump fire stocks, and the gun comunity seems to have forgotten about that already. His advisers may be figuring he can win again even if he supports some more gun control, because there was so little complaining done about the bump fire stock order, and whatever marxist being proposed by the Democrats will be such an awful alternative.

Agreed.

Attachments

• E3F72C80-6242-400B-835B-8C5E497A5016.jpg
      E3F72C80-6242-400B-835B-8C5E497A5016.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 417

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    ...And yes, there is mental illness and that needs to be seriously addressed.

Back in the day, if you were diagnosed with a mental or emotional illness you got to stay in "Happydale" until and ONLY until you were deemed completely cured. Sadly that's far from the case today, and it explains a lot about the aberrant behavior we're seeing IMO.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am not willing to give up anything else. How many gun laws are on the Federal and State books? Do they really think that 1 more law will make a difference? No, they are wanting to further control us. Without firearms we are subjects, not citizens.

Ben Franklin said it best, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Enough Said!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have a question, UBC to my knowledge is that if I sell a gun to an individual then the person that I am selling it to needs to go through a BC is that correct? I don't want to hear conspiracy theories on what there gonna take next but what is the problem with that.

The government doesn't need to know what I buy and sell. PERIOD.

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    It is a registration. Called something else, but it effectively is a registration.

"Tiahrt Amendment" on Firearms Traces: Protecting Gun Owners' Privacy and Law Enforcement Safety.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...gun-owners-privacy-and-law-enforcement-safety

I'm not totally sure this is current and accurate. Trying to understand UBC.!!

Starting in 2003, the U.S. Congress passed increasingly strong language to keep this information confidential. The legislation—a series of "riders" to the appropriations bill that funds BATFE—is widely known as the "Tiahrt Amendment," after its sponsor, former U.S. Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.). That provision was made permanent in 2006 as a part of the fiscal 2007 Appropriations bill to fund the Justice Department. In 2009, the provision was amended to further strengthen the protections for undercover law enforcement operations and confidential informants.
    Despite complaints from anti-gun activists, there are many good reasons for continuing to keep this information confidential:
    Releasing the information serves no useful purpose. The Congressional Research Service has repeatedly said "firearm trace data may be biased" and "cannot be used to test for statistical significance between firearm traces in general and the wider population of firearms available to criminals or the wider American public.”[1] These limitations exist because the "tracing system is an operational system designed to help law enforcement agencies identify the ownership path of individual firearms. It was not designed to collect statistics."[2]
    Traced guns aren’t always “crime guns”; firearms may be traced for reasons unrelated to any armed crime. The BATFE trace request form lists “crime codes” for traffic offenses and election law violations, among many others.
    Trace information remains available for law enforcement use. The permanent version of the Tiahrt amendment ensures that trace data is available to federal, state, and local agencies "in connection with and for use in a bona fide criminal investigation or prosecution" or for use in administrative actions by BATFE—the principal agency responsible for overseeing the conduct of federally licensed firearms dealers. The language and history of the Gun Control Act are clear: Congress always intended to keep this information confidential, and to allow its use only for legitimate law enforcement purposes. The firearms trace database includes information such as the agency requesting a gun trace, the location from which the gun was recovered, and the identity of the dealer and original retail buyer.
    Both BATFE and the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) oppose release of trace data. In fact, BATFE has fought for years in the federal courts to keep trace records confidential, because they contain information (such as names of gun buyers) that could jeopardize ongoing investigations—not to mention law enforcement officers’ lives. For example, a suspected gun trafficker could search publicly released information for names of "straw purchasers" he had used to buy handguns, or for traces requested on guns he had sold. That information could lead him to names of officers, informants and witnesses against his crimes. (View commentary by FOP President Chuck Canterbury from April 24, 2007)
    NRA is committed to ensuring confidentiality of sensitive law enforcement information, and strongly opposes any effort to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment or any effort by the executive branch, or by state or local governments, to avoid its restrictions.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Trace information remains available for law enforcement use.

Annnddd... that's a problem, too...

Doesn't take much tinfoil, after Obama especially, to envision such records being used by IRS to leverage gun roundups... just takes a law being passed so that it can be enforced.

This is why, IMO, that 80% and other homemade arms are absolutely required for a free state.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Annnddd... that's a problem, too...

Doesn't take much tinfoil, after Obama especially, to envision such records being used by IRS to leverage gun roundups... just takes a law being passed so that it can be enforced.

This is why, IMO, that 80% and other homemade arms are absolutely required for a free state.

Yes. With that knowledge MSI and MDS must stay frosty to stop gun roundups.

The language and history of the Gun Control Act are clear: Congress always intended to keep this information confidential, and to allow its use only for legitimate law enforcement purposes. The firearms trace database includes information such as the agency requesting a gun trace, the location from which the gun was recovered, and the identity of the dealer and original retail buyer.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Thats nice. Now we're giving attention to obvious gun grabbers on this forum. The answer is obvious.

I'll use this analogy again...smokers kept giving in and pretty soon they'll ban smoking in your own car just like they are trying to do in countries like Greece. And I have never touched a cigarette.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Here’s an idea.......
    They get UBC’s

We get
    Complete repeal of the GCA of 1934, 1968, and 1986 (with the exception of FOPA)
    Nationwide Constitutional Carry
    Make Assault Weapon bans illegal
    Make magazine bans illegal
    Mandatory jail time for any politician proposing any registration or further gun control in any form.
    Mandatory death penalty if found guilty of committing murder with a gun.

Of course i I realize this is impossible and for the record I’m 100% against UBC’s, I’m using it as an example.

Do you think the left would give in on ANY of the proposed items listed above for us? The answer is of course, NO. So they can take any of their further gun control legislation, including UBC’s, AND SHOVE IT WHERE THE F’ing SUN DOESN’T SHINE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom