• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    New Jersey on Friday filed a lawsuit against a California retailer that sold so-called ghost guns, or assembly kits for untraceable AR-15 rifles.

The lawsuit, filed in Superior Court against U.S. Patriot Armory, comes after Gov. Phil Murphy (D) criminalized the purchase of firearm parts with the goal of assembling a gun without a serial number, news site NJ.com reported.

U.S. Patriot Armory and its owner, James Tromblee Jr., are accused of selling the “ghost guns,” which officials say bypass loopholes in state and federal firearm laws by selling “80 percent builds” with instructions for how to complete the rest.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...st-gun-dealer-for-selling-ar-15-assembly-kits

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    If the seller of a parts kit isn’t located in that state, what can be done? The seller here being in California, if I read that right, sold a legal product.

If one of the legal folks can explain?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If the seller of a parts kit isn’t located in that state, what can be done? The seller here being in California, if I read that right, sold a legal product.

If one of the legal folks can explain?

Selling it in to New Jersey. If you do business in to another state, you are subject to their laws. I am sure the NJAG looked on the retailers website and went, “they dun not say they won’t ship to NJ. We gonna sue them!”

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This sounds like a typical NY/NJ "You're not doing anything illegal but we have taxpayer funded lawyers that cost us nothing to sue so we're going to file against you anyway." Just like the pocket knife sellers who shipped to NYC. I hope the company sues the crap out of NJ for this.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    This sounds like a typical NY/NJ "You're not doing anything illegal but we have taxpayer funded lawyers that cost us nothing to sue so we're going to file against you anyway." Just like the pocket knife sellers who shipped to NYC. I hope the company sues the crap out of NJ for this.

Exactly. NJ sent out demand letters at the beginning of the year to every 80% they were aware of including a couple of my clients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom