• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I know that the answer is probably buried in one of the other threads, but I haven't been able to did out a clear answer? Can anyone give me the current status of the bill?

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    I know that the answer is probably buried in one of the other threads, but I haven't been able to did out a clear answer? Can anyone give me the current status of the bill?

Has not moved, and there hasn't been mention of it in the threads with updates from the committee member.

Given that there is no crossfile, the cosponsors list is thin, and the hearing was an utter shitstorm for the sponsor, its prospects are dim.

That said, we should not give up lobbying against it. No reason to let up now.

Last edited:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Seems that politicians are adept at political 3 card Monty. Make you focus on the LGQL while pushing HBAR through. I trust them as far as I can throw them.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Seems that politicians are adept at political 3 card Monty. Make you focus on the LGQL while pushing HBAR through. I trust them as far as I can throw them.

They have us focused on the LGQL, HBAR ban, and ghost gun bill, as they are pushing through universal background checks while cutting the LGQL out of that bill. Guessing they are also working on pushing the ghost gun bill through after universal background checks since it is Dumais' pet.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have heard that some republicans are just trying to stall the Hbar ban until it dies. That said, if it goes thru, I don't know what I would do. Maybe switching calibers, as other caliber ARs weren't regulated, or subject to a heavy barrel requirement. Or finding alternatives to the AR?

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I have heard that some republicans are just trying to stall the Hbar ban until it dies. That said, if it goes thru, I don't know what I would do. Maybe switching calibers, as other caliber ARs weren't regulated, or subject to a heavy barrel requirement. Or finding alternatives to the AR?

Ak74s, Brens/Scars, and .300 blackout/6.5 Grendel/6.8spc AR builds are the biggest middle finger we can give the MDGA.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think it's probably dead and was likely just smoke to help cover the Long Gun Registration Bill the cankles lobby was demanding.

gbalog

Apr 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Hope you're right, zoostation. But I STILL don't trust them (most of our elected officials). Now we have Feinstein's S66 to watch on the federal level. Will this ever stop???

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    No, it will not. So you might as well educate and recruit new shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This was the advice at my recent friends of the NRA banquet. The quote was somewhere close to “ the worst thing we can do for the 2A is to raise a generation of children not firmiliar or comfortable with shooting sports”. Good advice.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No, it will not. So you might as well educate and recruit new shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And stop telling folks that have to move to Maryland "move to VA, WV, or DE and commute".

We need all of the like minded folks we can get in this state.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    And stop telling folks that have to move to Maryland "move to VA, WV, or DE and commute".

We need all of the like minded folks we can get in this state.

Screw that.

If SCOTUS doesn't eliminate the threat to my personal freedom in this state, I'm leaving. Final decision will be made in November 2020. The GA is making MD too dangerous to live in. I'm not about to get red-flagged by paranoid progressives in my neighborhood, and lose my freedom and rights.

You're welcome to stick it out. I'm too old to wait for success in the "long game".

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Screw that.

If SCOTUS doesn't eliminate the threat to my personal freedom in this state, I'm leaving. Final decision will be made in November 2020. The GA is making MD too dangerous to live in. I'm not about to get red-flagged by paranoid progressives in my neighborhood, and lose my freedom and rights.

You're welcome to stick it out. I'm too old to wait for success in the "long game".

ouch that will leave a big vacancy in the PP and MSI line up

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom