• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Lol, I think it is funny as heck that a non MD resident can get one easier the a MD resident.

Not at all belittling the PFA factor.

GlockLady

Sep 12, 2018
    Lewes DE
    Well, if it will make you feel better, I lived in Maryland for about 60 years....lol

And, as far as I am concerned, it wasn't any easier to get. The process is the same for anyone regardless of what state you reside in.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As I frequently put it , Md doesn't discriminate against non-residents , they can obtain W&C just as easily as residents .

And a substantial number are non-residents .
    A significant number of W&C are for employment in Security and related . Many of such companies operate in multiple jurisdictions , and hire from within their respective metropolitan areas .

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Yes, you don't need to live in Maryland to get a MD Wear and Carry!

Thank you Cal68. When I got the envelope from MSP yesterday, I was afraid to open it, but then I felt around for a card and found it!!! LOL

Congrats. How much does the process cost? I wonder if its worth trying to get. My buddy has some rental properties in Elkton. I have done some work with him and have done an eviction. He has thought about getting one. I might try. Depending on how nosey they are.

It's Delaware's terminology for Protection Order.

If its personal thats cool, but did you get to simply state that or did you have to like provide mountains of court data and so forth?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not the cost of the Permit that's expensive , it's the 16hr specific training class . ( Unless exempt from training .)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    It's not the cost of the Permit that's expensive , it's the 16hr specific training class . ( Unless exempt from training .)

The class should not be mandatory... nor should it be expensive...

However, any responsible person SHOULD avail themselves of the training. It is good to have the knowledge that it provides.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    The class should not be mandatory... nor should it be expensive...

However, any responsible person SHOULD avail themselves of the training. It is good to have the knowledge that it provides.

and liberals b*tch about $25 cost of an id so people can vote. Last I checked our founders wrote the second amendment only half the country wrote the 15th.

Also who is exempt? In delaware i forget how many hours ours was, but i wonder if that counts?

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    If i did my reading correctly it seems you have to take a class to get it then a class again for a renewel? Now if this is the case it seems that even if you are lucky enough to get the permit MD is hammering you to renew it? And people b*tch about a damn $25 id to vote?

I did not go to widener or am not a phi beta kappa from harvard, but you would think that states like MD, NJ and so forth would figure they are better finding a way for decent people to be able to carry before our new supreme court decides something like universal reciprocity. If they do that maryland will make nothing from out of staters. I would seem it would be better for them to offer a out of state permit at a reasonable price.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If i did my reading correctly it seems you have to take a class to get it then a class again for a renewel?

Yes. Renewals involve another 8-hour class, and that ain't free. You're not paying the state for those, you're paying the instructor who's spending the day with you as required. Yeah, liberty isn't free here in MD.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Yes. Renewals involve another 8-hour class, and that ain't free. You're not paying the state for those, you're paying the instructor who's spending the day with you as required. Yeah, liberty isn't free here in MD.

If you lived in NYC during the 1980's to get a permit to won a pistol for target only not carry, cost well over $200 in fees in addition a $200 renewal fee every two years...
    Carry at that time would have probably been double$$s and next to impossible....

A Saturday night special cost on the street was about $150

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom