40 mm all the way, that's a man's caliber
    Bofors_firing_USS_Hornet.jpg

Heck yeah! :lol:Look how happy that guy is :D

Pretty sure he's yelling, "Americaaaa!!!" :patriot:

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    There are many self proclaimed basement, arms room and range experts out there but very few can agree or disagree on which one is the best so I am going to buy one of each then I will decide for myself. I will buy a Glock 17 and a Beretta 92 FS.

For those of you who already have both either like one more than the other or like them equally the same. This will be a Win-Win for my collections of pistols regardless of the outcome.

Now you're following my philosophy! Buy at least one of everything that even slightly interests you and sometimes buy two! You're obviously a smart guy. LOL.

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    Now you're following my philosophy! Buy at least one of everything that even slightly interests you and sometimes buy two! You're obviously a smart guy. LOL.

The Wife is the smart one, she said, "If you can't make up you mind then just buy them both. Life is short and there are important thing to worry about" and I, for a few seconds didn't know how to respond to what she had said.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    The Wife is the smart one, she said, "I you can't make up you mind then just buy them both. Life is short and there are important thing to worry about" and I, for a few seconds didn't know how to respond to what she had said.

You obviously also know how to find and attract the so rare as to be almost unobtanium rational woman! You, my friend, are a 1 in 1,000,000 man! Kudos to you AND your wife! :party29:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The Wife is the smart one, she said, "I you can't make up you mind then just buy them both. Life is short and there are important thing to worry about" and I, for a few seconds didn't know how to respond to what she had said.

OK, so get both ASAP.
    But, I bet there is something she wants that is significantly more expensive.... Trip to jewelry store in 3...2...1...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    There are many self proclaimed basement, arms room and range experts out there but very few can agree or disagree on which one is the best so I am going to buy one of each then I will decide for myself. I will buy a Glock 17 and a Beretta 92 FS.

For those of you who already have both either like one more than the other or like them equally the same. This will be a Win-Win for my collections of pistols regardless of the outcome.

Well there is a cheaper option, you could rent both and decide :innocent0

For the record I like the 92FS better than a glock, I just can't shoot glock well enough for my liking.

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    You obviously also know how to find and attract the so rare as to be almost unobtanium rational woman! You, my friend, are a 1 in 1,000,000 man! Kudos to you AND your wife! :party29:

Actually, I wasn't looking for the right Woman, I was just trying my best to be the right Man and the right Woman found me....That was 37 years ago and still going strong...

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    Well there is a cheaper option, you could rent both and decide :innocent0

For the record I like the 92FS better than a glock, I just can't shoot glock well enough for my liking.

I actually want both Pistols in my toy box so I will buy them together. Spending my money to help improve the economy... TRUMP2020...

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    OK, so get both ASAP.
    But, I bet there is something she wants that is significantly more expensive.... Trip to jewelry store in 3...2...1...

I have to wait a few months for a 25% off sale at the FT. Meade PX. I like my toys but I am also a smart shopper.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    One or the other might be better for a particular purpose, but owning a Beretta M9 and a few GLOCKs, they are both great in their respective class. The GLOCK is simpler with a higher grip, lighter, easier to shoot fast. The Beretta is no slouch though, good trigger, comfy large grip, and balances better, Easier to shoot overall provided it fits your hand, and for me it's more precise. You can't really go wrong with either, choosing both is really the only correct answer.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    This is weird. I haven't heard anyone talk about the 92fs for years and today I see a guy on You tube saying he uses one for competition and now this thread....Is this the lords way of telling me to go out and buy one??? :innocent0

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    Get both is always the right answer.

I have shot the 92 for many years and usually find it to be the easiest 9mm pistol to start new shooters with. I have fired many friend's Glocks and have never been a fan of the grip shape and angle. That said, I am looking for a reasonably priced 19 or maybe 17 to see if my opinion changes once I live with and regularly shoot a Glock for a year or so. That is how the USP9 became my favorite 9 for regular use.

If Beretta ever makes the frame mounted safety from the Centennial a regular option at a reasonable price I will be all over that. To me that would make the 92 perfect.

GLR En

Aug 26, 2017
    This is weird. I haven't heard anyone talk about the 92fs for years and today I see a guy on You tube saying he uses one for competition and now this thread....Is this the lords way of telling me to go out and buy one??? :innocent0

Why yes it is. And you better listen.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That said, I am looking for a reasonably priced 19 or maybe 17 to see if my opinion changes once I live with and regularly shoot a Glock for a year or so.
    I recently built out a Polymer80 Glock frame, and I've got to say that, if you've got a dremel, drill, and a bench vise, it's the way to go. I learned SO much from that build.

If Beretta ever makes the frame mounted safety from the Centennial a regular option at a reasonable price I will be all over that. To me that would make the 92 perfect.
    Yes, it's definitely perplexing as to why they haven't tried doing this. I think there's a lot of pent-up demand for a 92FS or M9A1 with the safety in the "right spot". Maybe they're worried about cannibalizing APX sales?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

I have shot the 92 for many years and usually find it to be the easiest 9mm pistol to start new shooters with. I have fired many friend's Glocks and have never been a fan of the grip shape and angle. That said, I am looking for a reasonably priced 19 or maybe 17 to see if my opinion changes once I live with and regularly shoot a Glock for a year or so. That is how the USP9 became my favorite 9 for regular use.

Taurus figured out where the safety belongs on their PT92 :innocent0

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

There is always the Taurus Beretta frame safety and because of its integral locking system no borelock. I used the M9 in the Army and the Taurus 92 is overall just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom