• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    AG has been the place where I went to build up my Freedom Arms revolver collection. They also carry (or carried) Cooper and Ceasar Guerini. I haven't seen anything coming close to the quality of those firearms anywhere else except Bart's (now out of business) which carried Blaser rifles. AG is a good place. *

*I wish their parking was better.

If you're going to drive from Ellicott City to Rockville, just drive to Albrights in Easton or just go to Caesar Guerini in Cambridge. For Cooper rifles I'd go to Hendershots in Hagerstown. They're not cheap but they have a ton of high end rifles I wish I could afford.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    If you're going to drive from Ellicott City to Rockville, just drive to Albrights in Easton or just go to Caesar Guerini in Cambridge. For Cooper rifles I'd go to Hendershots in Hagerstown. They're not cheap but they have a ton of high end rifles I wish I could afford.

Thanks for the tips. I'll make a point to visit.
    I've heard of Hendershots and I almost made a trip out there to look at Blaser rifles. I wound up ordering my Blaser through Bart's but only after flying to the NRA show in St Louis where I could meet the factory reps, get schooled and see their entire product line.
    Bart's is gone and hardly anyone has this kind of stuff to either buy or just drool over.
    Plus, life's too short to shoot cheap/ugly guns. :D

RobSto

Aug 17, 2018
    I have nothing against Atlantic Guns..they've treated me fairly. The issue is they tend to have high prices and when they have a sale it looks like a good deal. I can and have done much better buying from Bud's Gun Shop online...at least on new guns. Good used guns are where you find them.
    They are still doing that, their regulars price is crazy high, and their sale price is still above MSRP. Got me at least twice now with that.... Know of a place that actually has good prices to start with, or deals that are really deals around Montgomery/Frederick area?

Thanks

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    They are still doing that, their regulars price is crazy high, and their sale price is still above MSRP. Got me at least twice now with that.... Know of a place that actually has good prices to start with, or deals that are really deals around Montgomery/Frederick area?

Thanks

2 IPs here and both are in rockville. United and Engage

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

Thanks

Engage.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Thanks

United (IP), Engage (IP), and Gunrunners in Frederick.

South Carroll in Woodbine is another IP.

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    The Silver Spring AG was the first gun store I ever stepped foot into. This was about 30 years ago and I was a dumb kid just old enough to buy a gun. They couldn't have been nicer.

I moved away for a while then a few years later moved to Rockville. I walked into the Rockville store expecting the same warm service and was ignored, belittled and just frustrated trying to give them a pile of money. I ended up walking out with no guns but all my money intact.

I went right down to the old Trains and Guns and they set me right up.

Ever since it's been Engage and now United as well. Both shops treat you right and are affordable.

I had such a bad taste in my mouth from the Rockville AG I never went back to the Silver Spring store. They might still be nice guys but I can't get over the way I was treated in Rockville. They'd have to be giving stuff away to get me to walk into one of their stores again.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    AG has their defenders here.

I'm not one of them.

I prefer Engage for much better service, attitude and pricing.

JMHO.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I have not been into Engage too often but when I have they were all helpful and professional. I give them a thumbs up.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm OK with Atlantic. They've served me well over the decades, though I've come to rely on my C&R for most purchases.

(I did find a C&R-eligible S&W M41 .22 target pistol at thier R'ville shop, and was very pleased to get it. Some places would have denied the sale because I refuse to get an HQL.)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I walked in their Rockville store with $1500 cash looking for a new toy and couldn't get anyone to stop yaking with their buddy's. so out I went never to go back.

I would do the same in any store! If they aren’t interested in hearing what I’m looking for or asking me if I need help then I’m gone!

I've never experienced this.

I rarely go into LGSs these days unless it's to transfer in a gun purchased on line. For that, I go to United. Good people, good service.

Atlantic(Rockville) is my go-to for a "must have it now" AR 15 part. They have a huge selection of AR parts. I might go in there once a year and I am recognized immediately. I've purchased 5-6 guns from them in the last 35 or so years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom