• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Nothingbwrong with a Fulton...me gotz 2...fit and finish above reproach. Clint McKee and sons putnout a fine product, plus you are buying local...made in MD. krieger barrels, US rifle...

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    For what it's worth, I just ordered a Fulton lower. Larue has a nice rifle, but I'd like to have the lower in hand before 1 Oct.

skibernie

Feb 22, 2008
    Silver Spring,MD
    Can we put LWRC on the list? I know Freestate had one on display last time I was in.

Agreed, I have a LWRC M6-SL (replaced the MOE hand guards with LWRC ones I got for a great price). The fit, finish and look of LWRC are some of the best I've seen. Not too mention that it operates flawlessly. Just my 2 cents.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    All of them are fine rifles. I simply went with the Fulton lower because I can get uppers later...but need to have a lower fast. Not to mention that I ordered it with a Magpul UBR stock and the Gissele DMR trigger. I'll probably set this up as a DMR, not a CQB rifle.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Building my own AR was beyond my meager talents so I resigned myself to having (and paying for) a higher quality build done for me.

I chose Fulton for my match service rifle for the following reasons:
    1. They were very transparent about their parts. For instance, other high end vendors would only state "custom match barrel". Fulton on the other hand stated "Krieger stainless, 1x7.7 twist, Wylde chamber" if you chose it as an option etc...
    2. They were a local MD company. I liked that. It makes any future repair or warranty issues easier.
    3. I was able to order it through one of my favorite dealers, 2A sales, which saved me a little on shipping. 2A also coached me a bit on what to ask for.
    4. I had never done this before and the folks at Fulton were patient with me and my newb questions up front. None of the other "big" custom vendors returned my inquiries.
      1. I also called a couple of local gunsmiths about doing a build for me and they too did not return my calls.
    Fulton was not the cheapest and someone with the experience/knowledge to build their own would probably not have chosen this route.

I am so far very happy with the build Fulton delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom