• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I am on a Dick’s sporting goods insider survey list. The latest survey was for opinions of Dick’s supporting a mom’s demand action activity.
    On a specified date mom’s demand action requests that supporters wear orange to show further support for their gun control legislation.
    Dick’s survey ask participants how they would feel if Dick’s gave away free orange T-shirt’s to support the movement.
    If Dick’s does give away the T-shirts I think as many of us as possible should get T-shirts explaining they will be used as hunter safety orange, range safety or to clean firearms. The only downside I see is them counting all the free T-shirts as used for anti 2A. I do think they might look good wth Patriot Picket slogans and might dilute the anti 2A purpose.
    Below is my rant of a rambling response I included with the survey:

Why has Dick’s chosen trendy political stands perpetrated by domestic terrorists? Taking a political stand that infringes on rights and discriminates against law abiding citizens that previously supported Dick’s through the purchase of firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting supplies and the like seems counter productive. Does Dick’s no longer need these customers? What's next, archery, fishing, golf or bicycles?
    what happens when other items Dick’s sells becomes the target of the politically correct or just the political? Will Dick’s become a weather vane in the ever changing wind of the political world? Will Dick’s start endorsing political candidates, and ideologies? Will Dicks refuse service to any deplorable who chooses to think for themselves and have different opinion? Will Dick’s endorse segregation of customers who want to maintain constitutionally protected right? When wil it stop? What happens when some group doesn’t like Dick’s and thinks that they must go? If Dick’s want to be political, discriminating and polarizing then I chose to spend my money where there aren’t any Dick’s.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I am on a Dick’s sporting goods insider survey list. The latest survey was for opinions of Dick’s supporting a mom’s demand action activity.
    On a specified date mom’s demand action requests that supporters wear orange to show further support for their gun control legislation.
    Dick’s survey ask participants how they would feel if Dick’s gave away free orange T-shirt’s to support the movement.
    If Dick’s does give away the T-shirts I think as many of us as possible should get T-shirts explaining they will be used as hunter safety orange, range safety or to clean firearms. The only downside I see is them counting all the free T-shirts as used for anti 2A. I do think they might look good wth Patriot Picket slogans and might dilute the anti 2A purpose.
    Below is my rant of a rambling response I included with the survey:

Why has Dick’s chosen trendy political stands perpetrated by domestic terrorists? Taking a political stand that infringes on rights and discriminates against law abiding citizens that previously supported Dick’s through the purchase of firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting supplies and the like seems counter productive. Does Dick’s no longer need these customers? What's next, archery, fishing, golf or bicycles?
    what happens when other items Dick’s sells becomes the target of the politically correct or just the political? Will Dick’s become a weather vane in the ever changing wind of the political world? Will Dick’s start endorsing political candidates, and ideologies? Will Dicks refuse service to any deplorable who chooses to think for themselves and have different opinion? Will Dick’s endorse segregation of customers who want to maintain constitutionally protected right? When wil it stop? What happens when some group doesn’t like Dick’s and thinks that they must go? If Dick’s want to be political, discriminating and polarizing then I chose to spend my money where there aren’t any Dick’s.

nice letter :thumbsup:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I guess they can stop selling guns now. They just ran off all their customers.

I'm sure the shareholders will be happy with their activist CEO.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Modells gave up guns and hunting stuff back in the '80's. Sports authority did it in the '90's (at least in MD). I don't give either a penny anymore.

Pretty hard to give Sports Authority any money these days, especially since their Chapter 7 filing in 2016.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Big box sporting goods stores make a shit ton more money and margin on clothing than on just about anything else. They are chasing yuppie dollars, this is all this is.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    OP,

Thanks for that response directly to Dick's. That's exactly where it should go. Unfortunately like politicians, corporate heads and their lackeys never read entire letters especially lengthy rants which is why the experts always advise us to keep them short and to the point.

More people like you need to communicate directly with the involved parties. Too many just preach to the choir over and over.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    OP,

Thanks for that response directly to Dick's. That's exactly where it should go. Unfortunately like politicians, corporate heads and their lackeys never read entire letters especially lengthy rants which is why the experts always advise us to keep them short and to the point.

More people like you need to communicate directly with the involved parties. Too many just preach to the choir over and over.

Trying to do my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom