• ...and so much more!
  • ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    I moved to capitol one this morning

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Closing all accounts shortly. We've had lots of business through them over the years and the local branch knows me. Will be VERY clear of reasons.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Bank of America Won’t Lend to Makers of ‘Assault Rifles’

Anne Finucane, Bank of America’s vice chairman, said Tuesday in an interview on Bloomberg TV that the bank has notified the handful of gun manufacturers it does business with about the decision. It would not name the companies.

“We want to contribute in any way we can to reduce these mass shootings — it’s such a tragedy in the United States,” Finucane said. “We do have a few manufacturers of military-style firearms . . . We have let them know that it’s not our intent to underwrite or finance military-style firearms on a go-forward basis.”

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Join a credit union. I’ve belonged to PFCU (Pentagon Federal CU) for over 35 years... never a problem. Have a small savings account opened at my local bank to be able to cash/deposit checks.

This^^^

You don’t have to be military to join. PenFed also advertises in American Rifleman magazine and on TV during the Firearms shows. The company is run by pro-2A people.

They usually have better rates than NAVY FCU as well.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Stuck with BoA for the moment, but man o man I'm pissed. So what does that make, 3 banks (Corp. Lending Banks) left? 2 down, 3 to go?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Stuck with BoA for the moment, but man o man I'm pissed. So what does that make, 3 banks (Corp. Lending Banks) left? 2 down, 3 to go?

There are plenty of other sources of capital for large businesses. That's a wonderful aspect of capitalism: if there's a profitable niche, someone will step forward to fill it.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I have a lot of money tied up in BOA.

Is Wells Fargo a decent alternative? I have a mortgage with them, but my one interaction with the branch in Eldersburg was not the most positive.

Remaining at BOA is starting to feel 'dirty'.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Am confused. Weren't there comments on an earlier thread about Wells Fargo being anti? That seems to be contradicted by today's statement by Wells CFO, where he said that the government, not banks, should set gun policy. Seems to be taking aim at BoA.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Never had an issue with WF, and while stories vary, I think they're mostly '2A Tolerant'

Good to know. Thanks. I think I'll move all my assets over. PIA with all the auto pay credit card stuff, but....F BOA.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Anybody know offhand SunTrust, BB&T, PNC, and/or M&T attitudes toward the Bill of Rights?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Am confused. Weren't there comments on an earlier thread about Wells Fargo being anti? That seems to be contradicted by today's statement by Wells CFO, where he said that the government, not banks, should set gun policy. Seems to be taking aim at BoA.

I've heard anecdotal stories on both sides for a long time, but the overall bent (and some personal reports I've heard) seem to lean toward a more positive atmosphere.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Plan to end a 30+year relationship with BOA next week. Probably to WF. NFCU or USAA are also good alternatives. Will leave no doubt as to why.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Anybody know offhand SunTrust, BB&T, PNC, and/or M&T attitudes toward the Bill of Rights?

I read somewhere, maybe in a GOA newsletter, that BB&T is anti gun. I think SunTrust is good for gun owners, though I don't have an account with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom