• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    To me Timonium seems slightly larger than Howard Co, but the ratio of T-shirts/Jerky/Knick-knacks to firearms seems slightly higher also. I think the number of tables containing actual firearms and/or parts & accessories is nearly the same between the two.

The guy with the military surplus clothing & ammo cans that always shows up at Howard Co (back of the building) doesn't go to Timonium, IIRC. Otherwise, many of the same vendors.

Still miss talking to Lou every time I go to either of these shows. :(

Pretty much the case today. Decent crowd, but tons of junque type tables.

I talked to a couple vendors today, and one in particular was very open that he doesn't even know why he comes to this show any more. He's tired of people not understanding that you just can't get a quality firearm if you only want to spend a fifth of what it's worth.

I did get a cool hat, though ;)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've got a lot going on tomorrow, but if I can get up early enough, I may try to make it for a quick tour around the place. Daughter is leaving Monday to move to Denver and we're having a big get together tomorrow for them.

It would be nice to find a POF MP5 for a decent price or maybe even a Zenith. I know, I'm kidding myself, but ya never know.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I've got a lot going on tomorrow, but if I can get up early enough, I may try to make it for a quick tour around the place. Daughter is leaving Monday to move to Denver and we're having a big get together tomorrow for them.

It would be nice to find a POF MP5 for a decent price or maybe even a Zenith. I know, I'm kidding myself, but ya never know.

if you make it,stop at the blue fins table and say hi.:thumbsup:

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Decent prices on ammo??? I have a decent sized list of accessories I need to buy as well. Not sure if it’s worth the 30 min drive.

I paid $0.45 per round for surplus 7.62 NATO. Not terrible nit it could be a little better. It could be a whole lot worse too.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Went today... saw some old friends... met another MDS member... spent nothing... gave a little bit to MSI and saw new members join... lots of good conversation with like minded 2A folks...

Prices were not great... Not totally bad either... some found things they liked and paid for them.

Good times.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Stopped in the show today and seen a few folks i have known for a while, Mopar and Lee2, always good to see you guys ! Also got to meet another member today and it was a pleasure talking to you. Talked a bit with a owner of Freestate whom i had met before and had good conversation with at his house during a crab feast for a friend who was in town. Even seen a few PA folks i know from those shows. I will say the show was kinda small and you folks that didnt go really didnt miss much. I toyed with the idea of buying a Rock island 1903 off a walk in but it had a cracked stock and weird finish as the receiver was dark like a greek return and the rest was not so i passed and bought a strange little mosin for normal mosin price.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I stopped going to this one. I go to the HoCo MD (5 minutes from where I live), Chantilly VA and York PA shows.
    I want to go to the Oaks show outside of Philly but something has always come up that gets in the way.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Stopped in the show today and seen a few folks i have known for a while, Mopar and Lee2, always good to see you guys ! Also got to meet another member today and it was a pleasure talking to you. Talked a bit with a owner of Freestate whom i had met before and had good conversation with at his house during a crab feast for a friend who was in town. Even seen a few PA folks i know from those shows. I will say the show was kinda small and you folks that didnt go really didnt miss much. I toyed with the idea of buying a Rock island 1903 off a walk in but it had a cracked stock and weird finish as the receiver was dark like a greek return and the rest was not so i passed and bought a strange little mosin for normal mosin price.
    What'd you pay for a Mosin? I saw a few 91/30's but they wanted way too much for something that wasn't Excellent quality...my last gun show Mosin was only $150.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    What'd you pay for a Mosin? I saw a few 91/30's but they wanted way too much for something that wasn't Excellent quality...my last gun show Mosin was only $150.

Mosins have went up a bunch over the last year, they are now bringing 250-300 depending on what dealer you look at. They wanted 300 I gave 260 cash for it only cause it was a strange one. If it had been a regular 91/30 i wouldnt have paid that myself.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Mosins have went up a bunch over the last year, they are now bringing 250-300 depending on what dealer you look at. They wanted 300 I gave 260 cash for it only cause it was a strange one. If it had been a regular 91/30 i wouldnt have paid that myself.
    Second to JindoDog's comment - what made it strange? Was it the one with the fold-out bayonet I saw?

20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    I got a fair deal on a 1976 Winchester Model 1894/94 .30-30 Bicentennial in excellent condition.

It wasn't new or in the box, but I got it for $700 cash. Dealer had it marked at $850. I think it will make a nice wall piece. :)

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    What are mosin m38s going for these days. I never hear of them it seems.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom