• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Thanks, when I called roster board about ten days ago the woman told me they still no petition for it. Cut off is this coming Tuesday.
    Today they say they have it. So June 11th tentative sale date.

May 21, 2017
    Harm City
    Went to a shop yesterday that was out of the way after going to Freestate and not getting any results (again). Walked in and saw one on display, guy said they sold a bunch already and the one in my hand was already sold (I'm not surprised) then he says he has one for rent at the range. So I say hell with being on time for work and just had to shoot it. It felt great! Recoil was obviously snappier than my P320, but more manageable than a G43, trigger was better too. And their price was competitive! Especially for it being a range shop which tend to be more expensive.
    Guy said it goes to the meeting on the 27th. And if all goes well, tentative for the first week of June. I'm sold. Hope someone makes a nice leather IWB for it. Here's a picture I found of the 320 and 365 for the guy who wanted a comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_3796.JPG
      IMG_3796.JPG
      144.8 KB · Views: 409

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Frankie. I may have seen at the same shop. Did it have a 5/18 availabilty date taped to the grip? Small handgun. Think sig will sell many. It is very nice. Personally, i want a thicker grip. Just points and grips easier for me. Been shooting G 27 and 33. Falling in love with the 33. All a matter of look until u find what suits you.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Frankie. I may have seen at the same shop. Did it have a 5/18 availabilty date taped to the grip? Small handgun. Think sig will sell many. It is very nice. Personally, i want a thicker grip. Just points and grips easier for me. Been shooting G 27 and 33. Falling in love with the 33. All a matter of look until u find what suits you.

Sounds like CA to me. I was up there recently and held it. I still prefer the 43. The 365 feels more like a 42 to me which is a bit small.

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    P365 Rental

Took a test drive via rental @ Continental Arms. Shot only 50 rounds but I am sold. It shoot well. Very accurate, pleasant to shoot and comfortable in hand. I'd imagine it'd be a perfect fit with the 12 shot mag filling the gap in the palm. Since 2007, I've been very happy with my PPS and this may take its place.

I am not sure if it was me riding the slide release, or the rental being very dirty but 2 out of 5 mags, the slide failed to lock back on its last shot.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you can shoot 50 rounds in a range session, that speaks well for it.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Took a test drive via rental @ Continental Arms. Shot only 50 rounds but I am sold. It shoot well. Very accurate, pleasant to shoot and comfortable in hand. I'd imagine it'd be a perfect fit with the 12 shot mag filling the gap in the palm. Since 2007, I've been very happy with my PPS and this may take its place.

I am not sure if it was me riding the slide release, or the rental being very dirty but 2 out of 5 mags, the slide failed to lock back on its last shot.

I tried out the same gun there. I am a lefty and had no trouble with the slide not locking back.

I can shoot it better than my unmodified gen 1 shield and I liked the trigger more.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

If you shoot with a high thumb grip, and especially if you're not used to SIGs, that may be what's doing the failure to lockback thing. I love SIGs, I've always shot SIGs, but the only one that I don't have that issue on is my P320 X-VTAC. All of my classic series SIGs I ride the slide catch lever with my right thumb unless I'm specifically paying attention to it.

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    If you shoot with a high thumb grip, and especially if you're not used to SIGs, that may be what's doing the failure to lockback thing. I love SIGs, I've always shot SIGs, but the only one that I don't have that issue on is my P320 X-VTAC. All of my classic series SIGs I ride the slide catch lever with my right thumb unless I'm specifically paying attention to it.

Thanks for the inside DBLEDOC & Hawkeye. If this is a thing, then it was probably me. I've gotten pretty used to the Gen 1 PPS. I even hit the trigger gaurd during reload. I will keep that in mind when I get one for reals.

I will be getting one. As far as accuracy it performed excellent. For the first time on new platform I was very pleased. I used a 100yrd type diamond target and it was spot on 7ft with first mag. A little more challenging at 25 ft but it acceptable. The trigger is great and the day/night sight was noticeable at the indoor range.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Most likely riding the slide. No big deal. Treat every incident as a malfunction drill. Just shoot enough to condition yourself to rack the slide when you think it should have locked back.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    TFB on Ytube had slide lock back issue also. But, only on one mag. He mentioned some fix from Sig. Bag batch of mags maybe.
    I remember Continental used to not rent micro compact pistols for a safety concern. I guess they changed that policy.

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    Most likely riding the slide. No big deal. Treat every incident as a malfunction drill. Just shoot enough to condition yourself to rack the slide when you think it should have locked back.

I agree- This is not a massive deal breaker for what it is. As long as it goes bang every time is my main concern. Many times a spare mag may not even be present. I thought the same thing comparing it to a Seecamp. No slide lock or sights for that matter. I have full faith SIG will make it right if it is an mechanical issue vs me. I will know soon enough as I bought one today and can visit it at the range while its awaiting parole.

Snallygaster: Thanks- yes its a pleasure to shoot and practice will not be avoided due to fun.

P365 at TMGN

Had the opportunity to rent the P365 at TMGN last night; my sister and I both loved it. I am a new (to handguns) shooter and my first (and currently only) handgun is a Glock 19 G5; I'd love to pick up the P365 next and my sis is actually contemplating it as her first handgun buy :)

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    Good choice VFRgrl. I have to say I love this thing.

Post rental update: I purchased one.
    approx 200 rounds zero issues. Sadly I can't clean it so I will limit visits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom