• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Same's true in MD, except MSPLD neither publishes specific requirements, nor appears to base the criteria of the requirements they do apply on the actual wording or intent of the underlying statute.

CT is described as a May Issue state but if you meet the requirements, they will issue a permit

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    CT was a little difficult to give up. I first obtained one as part of the class action suit that moved the state to de facto shall issue. A historical win, if you will. I never carried in the state although we passed through it quite often on the way to states farther north. Sentimentality is only worth so much however.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    UT, VA, FL and NH.

Had NY unrestricted until I moved to Albany county, then restrictions we're placed. Then moved here smh! Then acquired above list.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    UT, VA, FL and NH.

Had NY unrestricted until I moved to Albany county, then restrictions we're placed. Then moved here smh! Then acquired above list.

Interesting, I thought that MD was the only state to place restrictions on permits.

What were your restrictions if you don't mind sharing?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Most here have the MD permit as the result of business/work. With your own business (even small side ones), you have a decent shot. I was thinking about using my wife's side business to get mine, but the 16 hour training plus all the hassle just wasn't worth it since I don't spend a whole lot of time in MD. I'll just hold off until National Reciprocity is passed.

It's a big uphill battle to get GOP elected in MD. You'd also need enough elected to actually change the law; probably they'd have to control House, Senate and Gov all at the same time. Not likely any time soon IMO.

You got some memo?

Good news is you can carry a sword in Texas..

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    UT NV & AZ

Then made AZ Resident by moving there.

I'm surprised so many people do UT over AZ? When DE dropped VA, I remember looking at the US Carry map and I can't remember a non-res UT having any advantage over AZ, and I believe AZ was cheaper and it definitely didn't require a UT specific instructor. Why is everyone so smitten by UT?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    NYC not only has restrictions, their license categories are grouped by TPM. type,

ie. business license
    Non business licence, etc.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    NYC not only has restrictions, their license categories are grouped by TPM. type,

ie. business license
    Non business licence, etc.

I knew that, the poster above said that when he moved to Albany County he got restrictions on his permit. Albany County is def not NYC.

A few of my cousins in western NY state have permits and they are unrestricted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom