• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Heck yeah! High end cross bows are way overrated. I spent $500 on my cross bow and wish I would have picked up a cheap Barnett instead

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    No need to spend $1000 on a crossbow---most shots are 20-30 yards--I have killed deer with a 70# longbow and wooden arrows---speed about 190 fps. With the scoped crossbow @ 300fps you will be able to group your bolts on top of each other.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    With the scoped crossbow @ 300fps you will be able to group your bolts on top of each other.

Which is exactly what I did this weekend sighting mine in. $8 bolt ruined from a Robin Hood. When you learn the bow well, aim each shot to a different target.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Check reviews of Barnett on, oh shit, Google. When I was shopping for xbows for my chillen, basspro didn't even keep their floor model Barnetts strung.

One thing to look out for is a thumb safety. My $1200 ten point has a second safety up front. It is thumb operated, and the bow wont fire unless it pressed, which mind of makes it hard to shorten your thumb.

Of course I got my xbow used for $400. You might want to try the secondary market first. Regardless, good luck. A lot of folks don't realize that you can bow hunt from September to January. If you're just getting started in bow hunting, prepare to get a lot fewer chores done.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    I saw these other Barnett Recruit crossbow packages at Sportmans Outdoor Superstore for $190, which are $250 and more elsewhere ($300 at DSG) ...

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/184369

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/123847

I saw positive reviews on different websites. Any opinions or experience with this model here?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I might have to purchase one of these barrett gives you alot for a sub 300 xbow

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Barnett has good customer service.

As long as the bow is under 3 years old, and you bought it used. Barnett will still warranty it.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I've had the gamecrusher for a few years now. It's not bad, but it is heavy and the scope isn't very good at all. It's a good starter now or just economic bow. I'm looking to upgrade this year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Out of stock online and "This product is not currently available at any of our stores within 250 miles of xxxxx. Please enter a different location." Good while it lasted for those that grabbed it I guess. :)

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I have the Barnett Jackal. Paid $240 from Amazon with a Red Dot. It has been great, I have had it for about 3 years and a few hundred shots. It still works like new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom