• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Wasn't he appointed to this position? Then he ran on the coat tails of others before that.

I think that was the case ... and it didn't hurt that his succession was supported by the Van Hollen/Raskin DemocRAT machine that typifies MD politics.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You aren't concerned about the power of emotion and propaganda? You assume people are rational. This could become the best idea since Obamacare.

Not at all. I would welcome this as a major part of their platform. There have been so many studies that have proven this to be a fallacy and will not work. Not to mention the fact that this only helps in the follow up from an assault or murder. I'm assuming people are tired of this mentality and want proactive measures.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I was wrong last week, that's when I thought I may have been wrong.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So the proposal is to microstamp the firing pin. Microstamp what? a serial number? a smiley face?

Microstamp this:

:tongue01:

Not at all. I would welcome this as a major part of their platform. There have been so many studies that have proven this to be a fallacy and will not work. Not to mention the fact that this only helps in the follow up from an assault or murder. I'm assuming people are tired of this mentality and want proactive measures.

If logic, facts, or science, drove gun control laws, Maryland would be tripping over itself to repeal laws.

If they add this to their platform, they will roll it out wherever they control the state, because big party donors demand "progress" and "momentum" and "victory." Has nothing to do with facts and logic. That is why they always roll out these dumb ass things in Maryland first, because they can. And then they become nearly impossible to roll back.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Then he has ulterior motives by introducing it at all. Distraction from other issues, force allocation of resources to fight it, etc. And it won't be a major part of their platform. The major parts of their platform need to be about race, gender, and social and economic justice. And RUSSIA!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Microstamp this:

:tongue01:

If logic, facts, or science, drove gun control laws, Maryland would be tripping over itself to repeal laws.

If they add this to their platform, they will roll it out wherever they control the state, because big party donors demand "progress" and "momentum" and "victory." Has nothing to do with facts and logic. That is why they always roll out these dumb ass things in Maryland first, because they can. And then they become nearly impossible to roll back.

Anthony Brown is a US House of Representative member. This is a national issue he's raising, not a Maryland issue.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Anthony Brown is a US House of Representative member. This is a national issue he's raising, not a Maryland issue.

Anthony Brown does not have two brain cells to rub together to start an idea. He did not think of this himself. Gun control lobby will push at the state level to claim "momentum" for the national push. Same as it ever was. Van Douchebag did the same thing with the background checks / terror watch list bill in Annapolis two years ago. They made a big national push. He and the demanding stroller Moms made a big scene at the Senate judiciary hearing. Thankfully, it failed. Mostly that failed because the even ACLU was against it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Then he has ulterior motives by introducing it at all. Distraction from other issues, force allocation of resources to fight it, etc. And it won't be a major part of their platform. The major parts of their platform need to be about race, gender, and social and economic justice. And RUSSIA!

I personally think he's a junior member of congress and he wants to play with the big boys. Since he's an idiot, he's just reverting to what he knows. Which isn't much as we all know.

I know it won't go anywhere, nor will it be a major plank, but a guy can wish can't he?

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Has anyone looked over at the Baltimore PD Gun Confiscation thread. There aren't very many new firearms that are being recovered. To me most seemed like they were old, worn out pieces of crap. This will make literally ZERO difference in gun crimes what so ever.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Has anyone looked over at the Baltimore PD Gun Confiscation thread. There aren't very many new firearms that are being recovered. To me most seemed like they were old, worn out pieces of crap. This will make literally ZERO difference in gun crimes what so ever.

There are 55 bazillion firearms in the world today. What are they going to do about all of those?

This isn't even a "Feel Good" issue. This is a "What were you thinking" issue.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

That thread depicts a huge factual disconnect from what's coming out of the police dept's management. High cap. mags., AR-15's, everything just short of howitzers. What's the truth? Who's going to call them out on it?

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Good thing that dipshit got elected. I mean, what would he do if he had to get a real job?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Ever wonder why Democrats can't solve a problem like Baltimore when they put so much time into useless and stupid measures? The question answers itself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They are not interested in fixing the problem.
    They could care less how many people die, how much they infringe on your rights, or how much money it costs, they want to control every aspect of your life. Period.
    They can all fvck off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

If people were tired of this and wanted proactive measures, they would stop voting for Democrats.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I would imagine that Baltimore PD wouldn't want to show pictures of AR's or standard (high as the loons would call them) capacity mags because it would only help to destroy their narrative that FSA 2013 is a success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom