• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If anything, the other way around .

While it hasn't been prosecuted as such (yet), I haven't seen anything to indicate these electronic devices are exempt from 4-101 .

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Anyone with any luck ordering from Amazon?

Yes I successfully ordered a Taser Pulse from Amazon on July 11th and it was delivered to my home here in MD. I like it! Much better than the old C2/Bolt. It has the same form-factor as a real gun of course, and is very light. I carry it frequently in MD.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Yes I successfully ordered a Taser Pulse from Amazon on July 11th and it was delivered to my home here in MD. I like it! Much better than the old C2/Bolt. It has the same form-factor as a real gun of course, and is very light. I carry it frequently in MD.

What county do you live in? I'm in Baltimore County and every ECD on Amazon shows up as not available to ship to my area. I wonder if they are confusing with county with the city.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    What county do you live in? I'm in Baltimore County and every ECD on Amazon shows up as not available to ship to my area. I wonder if they are confusing with county with the city.

Maybe, I'm in Baltimore County, Amazon has shipped me knives, pepper spray, BB guns.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    I would look up the law and if you have to contact the seller, put the link in to the email so they can read it. :thumbsup: I don't think they could argue with that!!! While not purchasing, (yet), any of the 999MV models, I have ordered a couple different ones, the sting ring and 50MV flashlight and they haven't given me any problems.

Last edited:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    How did the purchase process work? A while ago I considered buying an X26C and there was something about needing Taser to activate it.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Per Harford County, MD § 260-3 Electronic control devices.

STUN GUN
    An electronic device which is specifically designed to temporarily incapacitate a person with a nonlethal electric shock caused by direct contact or projectile, but shall not include any devices such as cattle prods or nerve stimulators specifically designed for and used in the medical or agricultural field.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

I'm in Anne Arundel County. Also dunno if it matters or not, but while I made the purchase through the Amazon web site, the actual merchant was Javarun's Wholesale. I just checked on Amazon a few minutes ago and their current merchant of choice for the same Taser Pulse is WebyShops. The current price is $24 less than what I paid two months ago.

But I had absolutely no problems at all. I put it in my Amazon cart, paid for it on July 11th, and it was on my porch July 17th.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm in Anne Arundel County. Also dunno if it matters or not, but while I made the purchase through the Amazon web site, the actual merchant was Javarun's Wholesale. I just checked on Amazon a few minutes ago and their current merchant of choice for the same Taser Pulse is WebyShops. The current price is $24 less than what I paid two months ago.

But I had absolutely no problems at all. I put it in my Amazon cart, paid for it on July 11th, and it was on my porch July 17th.
    I recommend Stoveman if you need a Taser pulse

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I agree. I was just reporting on my own experience. At the time I made the purchase I did not know Stoveman was an authorized dealer. I generally support our local 2A community. If I had to do it again, and knew then what I know now, I'd get my Pulse from Stoveman.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Buy them the "Taser Pulse", with a kydex holster

It has a 15 feet standoff, and will continue working for 30 seconds allowing them to escape. Once the Pulse has been fired, it has backup electrodes, if a secondary jolt is needed.

I opted for the Sticky holster for my Pulse and it's perfect (for me, at least). The kydex holster isn't very good for IWB, IMO, way too bulky. If you wanted to open carry it (not sure why you would) then the kydex would be a good choice.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I opted for the Sticky holster for my Pulse and it's perfect (for me, at least). The kydex holster isn't very good for IWB, IMO, way too bulky. If you wanted to open carry it (not sure why you would) then the kydex would be a good choice.

There are 2 kydex holsters. Outside the waist band for open carry, and inside the waist band for concealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom