• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From VCDL:

The Georgia Governor has just signed legislation which clarifies that Georgia honors Virginia CHPs! (Our Governor vetoed a Virginia bill that would have fixed the problem from our end.)

The new law goes into effect immediately, BUT DO NOT CARRY outside your vehicle in Georgia until the Georgia Attorney General shows Virginia permits as being honored on his website. (The Georgia Attorney General is similar to our own Attorney General when it comes to guns and reciprocity. And, like our Attorney General, the Georgia General Assembly has just put him in his place.)

If you have a Florida or Utah nonresident CHP, you are good to go as usual.

I will advise once the Georgia Attorney General acknowledges Virginia permits are valid in Georgia.

Virginia owes a sincere debt of gratitude to my counterpart, Jerry Henry, and his group, Georgia Carry, to the Georgia General Assembly, especially State Representatives Powell, Jasperse, Clark, Lumsden, and Collins, and to Georgia Governor Nathan Deal.

Until the Georgia Attorney General acknowledges that Virginia permits are valid, Georgia Carry/VCDL/EM Bod Sadtler will keep moving forward with existing litigation against the Georgia Attorney General.

Stay tuned!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• ga.jpg
      ga.jpg
      51 KB · Views: 288

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Looks like Georgia accepts Utah permits. Does this cover non-res as well?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Super sweet. Savannah is one of my favorite places to visit.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Question, based on your post

The GA AG has now updated the web site. All VA CHP's are now officially recognized by GA.

The VCDL lawsuit has been dropped.

https://law.georgia.gov/firearm-license-reciprocity-0

In the attached screed grab, there is a list of states that GA recognizes, and with which it has reciprocity. Maryland is not listed, but PA is.

I have a MD CCW, and a PA Non-resident license, which is derived from the MD license. Also, I have a Utah license. There is not a distinction between resident and non-resident permits, is there?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    In the attached screed grab, there is a list of states that GA recognizes, and with which it has reciprocity. Maryland is not listed, but PA is.

I have a MD CCW, and a PA Non-resident license, which is derived from the MD license. Also, I have a Utah license. There is not a distinction between resident and non-resident permits, is there?

You would be GTG in GA on either your PA or UT permits.

Typically there is no distinction between resident and non resident permits but at least Wisconsin would only honor VA NR permits due to the resident permits being issued at the county level and the NR by the VA State Police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom