Ruger LCP II - Anyone Have One? Thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Any thoughts on this pocket gun?

Anyone shoot one?

I've read about FTF's on it, seemingly related to Sig 380 ammo. Also the magazine that ships with it, and not ones bought as accessories.

Cablea's (DE) has them on sale for $269.99 and the $20 off $150 coupon applies so I can pick it up for $249.99.

Thanks in advance....

Boss

Oct 25, 2016
    I'm interested as well. Would like to know if it's worth the cost of upgrading from the original.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Myself, and 2 co-workers all three bought one from JLowes in Cecil County, for that same price...$250 out the door

MUCH nicer to shoot to POA than the original, which I had, and sold after buying this one...

Trigger is very nice, and much better, compared to the original...

I've shot mine roughly 300 rounds, of Perfecta FMJ brass, and Freedom Munitions JHP, with zero failures of any sort.

Sucks that it only comes with 1 mag, but I have bought two 10 round ProMag mags, and have had zero issue with those as well...

JMO, but for a nice pocket gun, at a cheap price, you can't beat it...I can almost conceal it without a holster, or pocket, LOL

Last edited:

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    This is on my "list" also. I had an original LCP that I pocket carried when my shirt needed to be tucked and no jacket. Loved it. Switched to a Kahr PM9 which I love too..., but it's simply not as good in a pocket as the smaller .380 was.

2A, you guys still stalking my MDS posts...? Once I mentioned a SUB2000 and got a call next day. Evil, those guys.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I ended up buying it, just waiting for it to come in.

I had this guy below make me a holster for my XD-S, along with a trigger guard on a string. I'll try to have him make one of each for the LCP II (not listed on his website yet).

http://novatacdesigns.com/products/triggerguard

He ran a BF deal for a Kydex IWB Holster and Trigger Guard for $25 shipped. It was a screaming deal and both fit the XD-S perfectly. I just wished I had ordered a few more for some of my other guns.

Shipping was slow. He got so many orders on Black Friday that he couldn't keep up with the demand. The owner did email me personally about the situation. They ship out of Palmer, AK.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9468363-iwb-kydex-holster-trigger-guard-25-gun-deal One of the buyers posted pics of each near the bottom (you may need to be logged in to SD see them)

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    My wife has the original LCP. Their is no safety on the trigger.
    3701.jpg

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    I recently upgraded to the LCP II from the original LCP. The trigger is much better and the slightly wider grip fits my hand better. I carry often since I'm in PA and recently switched from pocket carry to a kydex IWB holster. I realized that depending on the pants I was wearing if I ever needed to get it out of my pocket quickly I wasn't going to be able to. Especially with jeans, getting it out of that front pocket is difficult so I switched to the IWB and like it much better.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Had a clip draw and never shot my dick dick off ;)

small target would have been hard to hit anyway:D

I have been considering the LCP II myself. Biggest difference I see is the single action trigger vs the original double action. The added trigger safety seems to ease the concerns of the litigation lawyers. I am torn between the LCP II and the Glock 43. I already own several LCP's and the Glock 43 seems to be a better use of my limited funds. (although more expensive)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    small target would have been hard to hit anyway:D

I have been considering the LCP II myself. Biggest difference I see is the single action trigger vs the original double action. The added trigger safety seems to ease the concerns of the litigation lawyers. I am torn between the LCP II and the Glock 43. I already own several LCP's and the Glock 43 seems to be a better use of my limited funds. (although more expensive)

I have the LCP and the 42. Since I bought the 42, the LCP has not been out of the safe...

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Mine is supposed to arrive in store (Christiana) tomorrow. Heading up to Aberdeen tomorrow so I'm hoping to pick it up before or after.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Finally picked mine up. The trigger is nice.

The grip is small. I can get about 1 1/2 of my sausage fingers on it. :lol2: Poor pinky is left out of the game.

The pocket "holster" is nice for storage but useless in a "one-handed situation".

One thing I noticed is that the with an empty mag and the slide back, the slide will not go forward into battery when you release it. Can anyone else confirm this?

The only way I could release the slide was to drop the empty mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom